Going to a bar alone?

OceanMist

I went to a bar alone earlier. It was almost empty. No good music, and only light beer so it SUCKED!

I find that very interesting. I've never heard of a bar that only has light beer. Here in the USA there are usually a lot of beers to choose from.

OceanMist

I've been watching PUA videos on youtube. I've been taking in a bunch of information so I probably can't tell you everything I've watched.

I've been watching Tyler Durden and Brad Branson.

Key points I've learned lately are both guys have spoke about social momentum. I've always had a problem with this because I'm shy, it's where you talk to people right when you walk in to a club or bar or whatever to get momentum socially and keep talking to people to keep up that momentum so you can be comfortable talking to people.

That just sounds hard thinking about it for me.

OceanMist

Brad and Tyler both say to go out every night. Yes, every night. I get why they say that. If you want results why not improve your odds by being out there more. Brad says that it also makes it easier to approach women because you have that momentum I spoke of in the previous post.

I don't know about going out every night, but if I want to better myself I should be going out way more than I am.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to go out every night right now. I know I'm not supposed to make excuses, but I just got an apartment and am moving in Aug. 15 and need to wait until i get another job before i start blowing cash I need on drinks and cover charges at bars every night.

Tyler says excuses are one of the worst things, but some excuses are valid. A bad excuse, for example, would be someone who has enough money to go out most nights yet they never go out and then claim they "don't have time" or something like that.

I don't know about you guys, but as a shy person, I used to be the king of excuses and excuses are often an excuse to not do something that is hard, brave and risky.

Last edited:

OceanMist

Went to a bar alone to watch the soccer game. Stood there for about 1 hour and a half. Ratio of guys to girls was about 2 guys to each girl. Apparently that ratio is normal from what i've seen.

I sat at the bar half the time. Not much really happened. A guy looked at me and I said what's up and he kind of did a yeah whatever look.

I sat outside downtown and just watched and there were so many more groups of women near my age out there than at the bar. It seemed like a better way to talk to more women would be out on the street, of course, the reception i'd get may be more cold because i'd have to stop them from where they are going to talk to me. It's something to consider. I thought about approaching and then this giant fear came over me.

I have massive approach anxiety.

OceanMist

Well, I'm back. Just reading some of my old posts kind of psychs me up to try this stuff some more.

On a different website I have a whole thread where I talked about my approaching women. I've done over 70 approaches by now, i believe. a lot of those were just asking for the time or saying hi.

I see I said I have massive approach anxiety. I still have approach anxiety but so does pretty much every person on the planet, it's how we are wired, so it's nothing to feel bad about.

I found a way to record conversations which could be fun. It's hard to hear the other person when I do it.

I have not done any approaches for over a week.