going abroad

So I booked a flight from the Netherlands to Canada. I'll go to Canada in May to visit my friend. I'm very excited about it. Right now, I'm not that nervous, but if it's April, I'm pretty sure I'll be nervous all the time. I already figured out that I don't need visa for it. I'm still thinking what else I should know or get done to get there. My passport is still valid. I've never seen him in real life, but I cam with him very often. I talk to him almost daily. I met him once in a chatroom back in 2003, so I know him very well, I think. I think it's safe enough for me to go. My parents are concerned, cuz he's a guy, but I already booked my ticket, so I'll just go.

So I think the only thing I still need to do is buy souvenirs and stay calm, lol. What I worry the most is that I probably cannot fit in, cuz my friend got tons of friends. I will be shy and quiet all the time. I hope they'll like me...

Last edited:
The thing is, he and his friends are all potheads and often not 100% sober. So they're a bit chaotic. I have a feeling that they eventually forget that day to pick me up at the airport and might come the next day to pick me up. Things like that. But don't get me wrong, cuz I've seen him, his friends and family often on cam. They're all good folk.

Last edited:
I'm still thinking. Is there anything I still need to get done before I go? Like I said, my passport is valid. I booked my flight. I don't need visa. I'm not sure if I need to fill out some forms before I can get in Canada, but I'll figure this out. So now I only still need to buy souvenirs. I've never seen my Canadian friend in real life, so I'm a bit nervous. My parents are concerned. Some ppl I know are also worried about me going along to Canada as a girl. I know it's risky and that I'm going to take this risk, cuz u'll never know what will happen, although I do trust my friend, cuz I know him for a decade now online.

Is there anything u would wanna advice me for just in case if something eventually might happen or to prevent that something worse will happen?

Last edited:

Odo

Banned
I'm still thinking. Is there anything I still need to get done before I go? Like I said, my passport is valid. I booked my flight. I don't need visa. I'm not sure if I need to fill out some forms before I can get in Canada, but I'll figure this out. So now I only still need to buy souvenirs. I've never seen my Canadian friend in real life, so I'm a bit nervous. My parents are concerned. Some ppl I know are also worried about me going along to Canada as a girl. I know it's risky and that I'm going to take this risk, cuz u'll never know what will happen, although I do trust my friend, cuz I know him for a decade now online.

Is there anything u would wanna advice me for just in case if something eventually might happen or to prevent that something worse will happen?

Well, get in touch with your embassy!

I'm Canadian and I can vouch for Canada/Canadian society. You can trust the police, and I would even say that a lot of strangers would help you out if you asked. There are areas you should stay away from in the big cities, but it's a really safe country with some of the safest big cities in the world.

But while Canada isn't a scary, dangerous place, the Internet definitely can be. So be careful!

Well, get in touch with your embassy!

I'm Canadian and I can vouch for Canada/Canadian society. You can trust the police, and I would even say that a lot of strangers would help you out if you asked. There are areas you should stay away from in the big cities, but it's a really safe country with some of the safest big cities in the world.

But while Canada isn't a scary, dangerous place, the Internet definitely can be. So be careful!

Well, thank you very much for your advice. I came back in the end of May and my trip to Canada was awesome. I've had such a good time overthere and would wanna go back if I can.

Last edited: