giving up

doubleM

well it looks like im gonna fail this semester of college. theyre making it a lot harder for people to pass by changing curriculum, being the enrollement is so high i think. i really dont want to change schools again. i dont want to give up on my major because its what i want. i worked so hard, but then again it was me who failed. i can keep at it, but i dont think i can win. its such a long way to go and its costing me a lot in loans.
i also thought my social life would improve in being in school but it hasnt. people really are selfish rotten idiots. im just tired of walking away from my school everyday feeling like a complete failure. i dont know if its my fault or if its the system. but i mostly feel like it is mine and i should just quit.

WeirdyMcGee

I gave up because I didn't have money to attend classes and be able to have a roof over my head.
I regret it to this day that I couldn't at least hang in there-- starve, live in a bus shelter; and finish my first year at college.

...it's a terrible feeling to have.

Roman Legion

My last school I felt that volunteering to be in a warzone was a better course of action.. They decided to pull me for deployment where I was injured before I could even go over there.. Even now, being $-70+ in the bank (Not even my record for negative balance) I keep feeling like a failure and my life is a big joke to someone higher up the chain than me. I didn't even go to drill this month, which would have fixed my monetary issues for a very short time, but anxiety kept me from acting on that. I have bi-lateral knee issues the military won't fix and they expect me to do a job that I physically can't and nobody there cares to just discharge me.. If I can get back in school, great; but if I can't I am entirely out of options and I have no idea what I want to major in. I don't blame you as much as I blame a crappy system.. Trust me, you are not alone on that! When I am riding in my parent's van I think about opening the door on the insterstate and jumping out or when I am in my car, driving into a wall or off a bridge at over 130 MPH. I know people here mean the best when they tell me things will get better, but I have been waiting almost 23 years for that break and thus far every ray of light in the clouds stops shining mid-way through and I keep finding myself in the deepest, darkest part of the woods with no end in sight in any direction. I may have to sell what few things I have that I worked my arse off to get just to get by. I don't really think I have much of anything to lose in my life. But I want you to know, you are most definitely not alone here! If you want me to tell you my stories to make you feel better, just let me know.. I'm here for you!

Boby

I know how it feels man,I'm in an even worse situation because I'm in my last semester and I don't think I can finish,it's frustratic thiking how I wasted 4 years of my life for nothing.

doubleM

What's the major? I think you should take less classes.... it might take longer but failing classes are worse.

engineering. i only have 3 classes now. all the teachers i got this time were horrible. what really messed everybody up was we have a test bank of old tests to use as study guides... like the tests and finals from spring of last year. those tests were very easy for me, i breezed through them. but the actual tests they gave us this time were waaayyyyy harder, because they changed everything. a bunch of people were complaining about it. i think there were 10 people left in my class of the 40 who started.
if i had been there in spring of 2010 and taken the tests given then, it would have been easier.

LazyHermitCrab

engineering. i only have 3 classes now. all the teachers i got this time were horrible. what really messed everybody up was we have a test bank of old tests to use as study guides... like the tests and finals from spring of last year. those tests were very easy for me, i breezed through them. but the actual tests they gave us this time were waaayyyyy harder, because they changed everything. a bunch of people were complaining about it. i think there were 10 people left in my class of the 40 who started.
if i had been there in spring of 2010 and taken the tests given then, it would have been easier.

So close :) Sorry that sounds very annoying though. Maybe if you just took one at a time it would be easier? I'm guessing it's summer now so perhaps you could just take one of the classes now.