Gamers thread

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I'm feeling quite dark about the world today, have been for a couple of days. So I've locked myself in my room, curtains drawn, I can hear the rain and wind on the window and I've entered the world of DayZ.
I haven't played it for ages, partly because of how clunky the game play was. That, and the walkers were quite overpowered.
It seems as though they have finally got it right. It's much smoother, things are working how they are meant to.

And it still has that unmistakable feel of foreboding.. Like you ARE a survivor and you could die in the next hour.

F0AM

As a PC only owner i must admit that i'm soooo happy to see Spyro reignited trilogy coming to PC! and if that was not enough...Psychonauts 2 is also coming!!!!! i miss old 3D platformer games and my beloved trinity of platformers is:

1560454984934.png1560455008662.png1560455037135.png

So yes, IM VERY EXCITED

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
"Game of Thrones and Dark Souls are colliding. A trailer for a new From Software game called Elden Ring was shown at E3 2019's Microsoft press conference today. The catch: it’s set in a fictional world designed by Dark Souls creator Hidetaka Miyazaki and best-selling author George R.R. Martin."

SlowFaroffGalah-size_restricted.gif

PugofCrydee

This is so fking true.
It's a rare event for me to enjoy playing games with others. The downside is I can't immerse myself in that world as I'm usually distracted.
The rare exception is, some 12 years ago I set up a guild on WoW. We had over 300 people in the guild, yes we were considered a small guild. But that was fine as I wasn't trying to be the largest.
I recruited selectively and over time, had an awesome guild. Eventually, I disbanded the guild which was sad. But hey, life and sh!t happens.
To this day I have a special friendship with a very special woman I met on Wow.. weird seeing as how we've never met (although we have exchanged pictures). But we definitely have that friendship going. That special 'something'. I love and cherish it. So 12 years later, we still have a wonderful understanding about each other. We confide in each other. 12 fking years man.. This is the only time I've ever got anything worthwhile out of a multiplayer game.
When it's a single player game (such as RDR2 or Skyrim) I can totally immerse myself and escape this world..
Single player games are thinning out.. and I for one am sad for it :(

LoyalXenite

This is so fking true.
It's a rare event for me to enjoy playing games with others. The downside is I can't immerse myself in that world as I'm usually distracted.
The rare exception is, some 12 years ago I set up a guild on WoW. We had over 300 people in the guild, yes we were considered a small guild. But that was fine as I wasn't trying to be the largest.
I recruited selectively and over time, had an awesome guild. Eventually, I disbanded the guild which was sad. But hey, life and sh!t happens.
To this day I have a special friendship with a very special woman I met on Wow.. weird seeing as how we've never met (although we have exchanged pictures). But we definitely have that friendship going. That special 'something'. I love and cherish it. So 12 years later, we still have a wonderful understanding about each other. We confide in each other. 12 fking years man.. This is the only time I've ever got anything worthwhile out of a multiplayer game.
When it's a single player game (such as RDR2 or Skyrim) I can totally immerse myself and escape this world..

I dont have xbox live or any of the paid online gaming memberships, so outside of the old online games like omgpop and those sorts, and things like animal crossing/pokemon/Mario Kart 8, I havent had much experience with online gaming. I dont mind in person multiplayer but as an only child and one who later developed social anxiety multiplayer opportunities are pretty rare. So by default I leaned towards single player games, but I do still prefer them anyway because I can just relax and play, I dont have to worry about anyone else, or suffer through shitty lag or trolls

F0AM

This is so fking true.

Hey Pug, i met my best friend on WoW. We've been friends for 11 years now! you can meet really nice people online :)

About the singleplayer experience, i also prefer SP games for those reasons: escaping this world and enjoy a story/setting. BUT i find myself enjoying MP games too. Sometimes i have this need of sharing a gaming experience with others so i play MMOS like WoW or FFXIV, i like doing dungeons and enjoy some teamwork. I use to play them alone (with random ppl i mean) because my friends (Not many lol) don't play the same games or play on other platforms :(

I met a lot of ppl on FFXIV months ago and was good, they were really nice. To someone wth SA that was a good experience. I lost contact with most of them coz after all they're just "gaming partners". Tho they want me to return but dont feel like it right now haha.

I bought "Star Wars Battlefront 2" some days ago and i'm having a blast, tho i suck lol

I was disappointed that Droidekas weren't on the game AND they were just added a couple of days ago... i'm so happy (while being a droideka, after that i return to my boring bipedal existence :( )

zRKVdgE.gif

F0AM

I dont have xbox live or any of the paid online gaming memberships, so outside of the old online games like omgpop and those sorts, and things like animal crossing/pokemon/Mario Kart 8, I havent had much experience with online gaming. I dont mind in person multiplayer but as an only child and one who later developed social anxiety multiplayer opportunities are pretty rare. So by default I leaned towards single player games, but I do still prefer them anyway because I can just relax and play, I dont have to worry about anyone else, or suffer through shitty lag or trolls

Trolls and ragers are the worst, is better to just block/mute them coz they ain't worth your time. Tho sometimes i feel like intervening when i see rude ppl being assholes to others. But is better to just ignore them.

Btw is funny that the worst players are usually the ones calling other "noobs" (such a stupid word lol) and raging.

PugofCrydee

Guild Wars 2, quite some years ago, done in a different style to what was the norm at that time. I really enjoyed the vastness of the world.