Gamers thread

LoyalXenite

54390915_556482668205250_1610565796302422016_n.jpg

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Even though it's just a FMV trailer, I can't help but feel excited:

The first Masquerade is one of those games I missed-out on and have always regretted since. By the time I finally had a computer that could handle its requirements it was very dated and there were just too many newer games out there vying for my attention (and meager amounts of cash).

I don't know how many of the people who developed that game worked on this one, but if it's half the game that one was touted to be, it will be a lot of fun.

I played through this demo last week and it has made deciding which game to buy next an easy decision (y) Now all I need is to find the time to play it once I do :p

Octopath is fantastic. It being a Switch game allows it to be played in those little lul moments of the day if time is scarce. The chapters are pretty digestible too, for this purpose.

I'm playing through Drakengard 3 at the moment, which is a great game that suffers from some really unfortunate problems. One of which is screen tearing and significant performance issues. It's also a PS3 exclusive, so there's no way to solve it either.

But you effectively get a pet baby dragon, so I'm obligated to play it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The multiverse plot of Drakengard/NieR is also too fascinating to really care about the problems.

Phoenixx

I played through this demo last week and it has made deciding which game to buy next an easy decision (y) Now all I need is to find the time to play it once I do :p

I'm hoping to get a Switch sometime just so I can play this and other games as well. After today's announcement from Nintendo I think I am going to wait until summer when they release the two modified versions to see which once I'll buy. (I'll most likely get the enhanced version they mentioned)

I'm currently on a video game ban and have been since beginning of February. :( I really needed to focus on my last semester and not slack off because of senioritis. Before I quit I was in the middle of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Kingdom Hearts 3. I had even purchased Pokemon Soul Silver and Omega Ruby I found discounted on eBay in wonderful condition back in December and was in the middle of SoulSilver too. Haven't touched Omega Ruby yet, but wanting to get into it. Wish May would hurry up and get here. I miss playing games! :confused::cry:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm hoping to get a Switch sometime just so I can play this and other games as well. After today's announcement from Nintendo I think I am going to wait until summer when they release the two modified versions to see which once I'll buy. (I'll most likely get the enhanced version they mentioned)

I'm currently on a video game ban and have been since beginning of February. :( I really needed to focus on my last semester and not slack off because of senioritis. Before I quit I was in the middle of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Kingdom Hearts 3. I had even purchased Pokemon Soul Silver and Omega Ruby I found discounted on eBay in wonderful condition back in December and was in the middle of SoulSilver too. Haven't touched Omega Ruby yet, but wanting to get into it. Wish May would hurry up and get here. I miss playing games! :confused::cry:

Oo nice! The switch is awesome. It was my first new system of any kind since the Wii, and has not disappointed. I am surprised how much I like the handheld feature of it, as I assumed I would play it on the TV more often.

That may be in part because I fall into a similar trap as you, but instead of senioritis it's I-don't-feel-like-working-itis, which is not a good -itis when you work from home. The first game I got (after Mario Kart which came with it) was Super Smash Bros Ultimate, which I found myself playing so often that after a point I had to take my joycons and put them in a room as far away from my work station as possible so I would actually work. The handheld is great for bite sized sessions, or in the very least forces me to stop after two hours when the battery starts to die XD