Gamers thread

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
^thats how I felt about the Witcher 3..that game was hyped SO much but when I finally bought it I was just kind of underwhelmed ...tbh, I liked dragon age inquisition better

anyway, I just got Shadow of war in the mail today..have yet to play it though but hopefully its was worth the price.

Yea Witcher 3 was hyped much, but left me wanting as well.
I haven't played Shadow of War, good luck with it! :thumbup:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Yea Witcher 3 was hyped much, but left me wanting as well.
I haven't played Shadow of War, good luck with it! :thumbup:

Yeah, I felt the same way. I've played it twice but just couldn't get into Witcher 3. Pretty and all but...meh.

I finally broke down and got the Touch for Oculus. I'm glad I did. It's like I was only letting myself experience half of what VR has to offer before. Even your individual fingers are tracked in the VR world.

I've been playing VR Dungeon Knight. You don't press a button to swing your sword or to block a blow with your shield--you just swing your sword, or block the attack. If you hit you hit. I spent a couple hours last night crawling through tunnels, jumping over pools of acid, climbing up shafts and slaying orcs. It's very physical. I was surprised to find myself sweaty at the end of that--it's not like I'm unaccustomed to hard physical labor.

PugofCrydee

I've been playing VR Dungeon Knight. You don't press a button to swing your sword or to block a blow with your shield--you just swing your sword, or block the attack. If you hit you hit. I spent a couple hours last night crawling through tunnels, jumping over pools of acid, climbing up shafts and slaying orcs. It's very physical. I was surprised to find myself sweaty at the end of that--it's not like I'm unaccustomed to hard physical labor.

Hahah I love it! :bigsmile:

VR is so cool. It truly is gaming next level. While I played (and thoroughly enjoyed) Resident Evil Biohazard with the hand controller, I've bought the control sticks for when Sky Rim VR comes out.
I'm so keen to get sweaty swinging swords, killing Nords and decapitating Orcs.. Deflecting arrows and axes with my shield.

Fighting a full size Dragon like Paarthurnax will be... interesting to say the least :bigsmile:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I made it to 119 shines on Super Mario Sunshine yesterday. I would like to say it was 120, but that yoshi-lily pad mini-game is going to take me some time I think.

Mikazuki1590

I made it to 119 shines on Super Mario Sunshine yesterday. I would like to say it was 120, but that yoshi-lily pad mini-game is going to take me some time I think.

Oh, man. One of my all time favorite games right there. I got 120 many years back but I agree that game has a lot of cheap levels/challenges.

Even so, I still love Sunshine and really would love an HD remaster that fixed some of it's issues.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Oh, man. One of my all time favorite games right there. I got 120 many years back but I agree that game has a lot of cheap levels/challenges.

Even so, I still love Sunshine and really would love an HD remaster that fixed some of it's issues.

Yes, it is awesome :thumbup: I've been playing through all my old gamecube games, I think once I get that final shine I'm going to pick up LOZ: Wind Waker again.

These games were fun when I was 12, and they're fun when I'm 26 too ::p:

Mikazuki1590

Yes, it is awesome :thumbup: I've been playing through all my old gamecube games, I think once I get that final shine I'm going to pick up LOZ: Wind Waker again.

These games were fun when I was 12, and they're fun when I'm 26 too ::p:

Heck yea, man. I'm 28, myself and also still enjoy going through old favorite video games again from time to time when I need a nostalgia trip. Wind Waker was another fav of mine. I actually completed that game 100% going to every island and doing absolutely everything it offered. I often see people say the Great Sea was empty but I disagree. I found plenty to do and really enjoyed the adventurous feel of that game.

Mikazuki1590

Also, as far as my recent games I've been playing...

I've mostly been playing the PS4 lately. Been working on the trophy list for Uncharted 1 Remastered. Just finished platting the trophy list for Ratchet & Clank (PS4) and been Playing Gundam Versus here and there as well even though I'm pretty terrible at playing online. xD

And I've also been playing some indies I picked up in the holiday sale.

Seasons After Fall - Launch Trailer - YouTube

The Witness - Trailer - YouTube

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
The time is approaching. Sky Rim VR is downloading, it's come early... tomorrow I adventure into a world I love.

I'm going to lose myself in this land more than I ever have before.

So how was it? I've heard it was a bit disappointing since it wasn't redone from the ground up as a VR game. Perspective and head tracking but no real body tracking; no swinging your arms to strike or anything.

PugofCrydee

So how was it? I've heard it was a bit disappointing since it wasn't redone from the ground up as a VR game. Perspective and head tracking but no real body tracking; no swinging your arms to strike or anything.

Yea it's not AMAZING as such. But no game is the 2nd time around. I still get great enjoyment out of it though. As for the two new style control batons/sticks you can use... in skyrim they're sh!t!!!

But in 'The inpatient'... absolutely amazing!:thumbup:

Mikazuki1590

Recently played the Shadow of the Colossus remake (had it pre-installed and ready to go at midnight, lol) and man was it excellent. The original is my favorite video game and seeing it in today's graphics was a treat. Already played the hell out of it and completed the trophy list. I kept getting way distracted in the photo mode it offers...

PugofCrydee

Recently played the Shadow of the Colossus remake (had it pre-installed and ready to go at midnight, lol) and man was it excellent. The original is my favorite video game and seeing it in today's graphics was a treat. Already played the hell out of it and completed the trophy list. I kept getting way distracted in the photo mode it offers...

I've been thinking of getting that.. all the reviews say it's worth getting.. hmm..:thinking: