Gamers thread

AtTheGates

Banned
I've played the entire series in order, haha, well, except for Golden Abyss because I never got around to buying a vita but I hope to play that one some day. It's one of the greatest game series in gaming IMO. U2 was my favorite for the longest time. Now, i think it may be a tie between U2 and U4. U2 had the better action set pieces, while 4 had a really good story and character interaction. U3 was a good game but the ending was super rushed. Still had a ton of great moments though. U1 was good too but the lack of location variety hurts it a bit compared to the others. Still very nostalgic since I played it first.

I'm also very interested in Edith Finch. I think I'll wait around a bit though to see if they offer it free on Plus in the future. Seems like a game they would do that with.

theres some other good first-person exploration/mystery games out there I ned to check out but a few of the are WAY too short for what they cost to download. layers of fear, the vanishing of ethan carter, soma. ..all too costly IMO

having played that one game though it kind of makes me wish the Myst series would be rebooted but with some changes like a bit more action, item/weapon collecting, crafting . The OLD myst games are good but way too bare bones to compete with current-gen games.

iv currently got Horizon:Zero Dawn on the way in the mail from gamely..iv heard its REALLY good.

not to mention , this is a really unique story concept for a game. the only thing I dont like is that its a 2D plat former .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUT5SBZkVys

Last edited:

Mikazuki1590

theres some other good first-person exploration/mystery games out there I ned to check out but a few of the are WAY too short for what they cost to download. layers of fear, the vanishing of ethan carter, soma. ..all too costly IMO

having played that one game though it kind of makes me wish the Myst series would be rebooted but with some changes like a bit more action, item/weapon collecting, crafting . The OLD myst games are good but way too bare bones to compete with current-gen games.

iv currently got Horizon:Zero Dawn on the way in the mail from gamely..iv heard its REALLY good.

not to mention , this is a really unique story concept for a game. the only thing I dont like is that its a 2D plat former .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUT5SBZkVys

Still very interested in Horizon but I'm waiting for it to go down in price. Preferably around 30 bucks or so. That Hyper Light Drifter games looks like something I'd enjoy. I'll keep that on my radar.

I agree with you about some games looking really cool but seeming a little bit overpriced. Sadly, gaming is such an expensive hobby at times, lol.

Mikazuki1590

Oh, btw, AtTheGates, not sure if you've already heard of/played these games but since you said you enjoy first person/exploration/mystery genre, you should look into Firewatch and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Might be up your alley.

Megaten

Anyone play minecraft?

I'm having another crack at it after giving it a rest for a few years.

Ive tried playing it many times but ive resigned myself to the fact that im not in the least bit creative. I was living in a mud hut and trying not to get eaten.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Ive tried playing it many times but ive resigned myself to the fact that im not in the least bit creative. I was living in a mud hut and trying not to get eaten.

This site helps a lot with building interesting structures. I used their "wizard's tower" as a base to build this:

2017-02-15_03.38.48_zpsf5hudhx0.png

Lava waterfalls down to a lava moat, with magma blocks on all the top surfaces to kill any mobs that might spawn there. Near the top I created a rotating red sort of Eye of Sauron type thing.

I'm really hoping this will be good:

The Wizards - VR Spellcaster for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive

Aren't a lot of RPGs out for the rift right now.

Mikazuki1590

I tried the demo for Minecraft a couple years ago but idk, I just couldn't get into it for some reason. Plus I'll second what Megaten said, in that I'm not very creative at all unfortunately. I played Super Mario Maker for a while but constantly struggled to come up with ideas for levels to make, lol.

Megaten

This site helps a lot with building interesting structures. I used their "wizard's tower" as a base to build this:

2017-02-15_03.38.48_zpsf5hudhx0.png

Lava waterfalls down to a lava moat, with magma blocks on all the top surfaces to kill any mobs that might spawn there. Near the top I created a rotating red sort of Eye of Sauron type thing.

I'm really hoping this will be good:

The Wizards - VR Spellcaster for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive

Aren't a lot of RPGs out for the rift right now.
Oh sweet I might give this a shot.

*Builds slightly larger mud hut* [emoji1]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mikazuki1590

HOLY CRAP. I never thought I'd see the day. A SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS REMAKE/REMASTER. I'm so hyped! That alone made E3 for me. :bigsmile::thumbup:

Also on a sidenote, The new Spider Man game looks dope! I would expect no less since insomniac games is developing it. Horizon dlc looks cool. Will be looking forward to that when I finally get around to getting the game. New Uncharted expansion looks good too.

AtTheGates

Banned
I agree! the upcoming God of war looks amazing .

Being an uncharted fan, I was really bummed that uncharted 4 was Nathan Drakes last appearance (supposedly) because I feel like he kind of defined that game series.

but after seeing this new trailer for uncharted:lost legacy I'm starting to get my hopes up a bit. I just dont want it to seem too similar to Tomb Raider .

also, I haven't heard anything yet from this years E3 about the upcoming Call of Cthulu game but thats one that I'm REALLY looking forward to.

and I'm assuming that the Eternal Darkness follow-up called "Shadow of the Eternals" has pretty much fallen off the radar . I remember hearing about it way back in 2013.

E3 2017: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Is an Uncharted Game for Me - IGN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ERaueJt5s

and this is the "sequel" to eternal darkness that iv been wondering about for a long time . maybe something about it will be unveiled at this years E3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdgEksdFNZs

Last edited:

Mikazuki1590

Maaaan, I was already hyped because of Shadow but THEN nintendo goes and kills it with their presentation.

METROID PRIME 4 CONFIRMED. YEEEESSSSSSSS! Plus a remake of Metroid 2 on the 3DS. Also a new game each for Kirby and Yoshi and Super Mario Odyssey is looking better and better.

Take my money, Nintendo!

I was jumping up and down in my seat during the new Ori reveal. I knew it after a few notes of the song the composure played and was fixated, and lost it when he walked on screen. So was my friend who was watching at the same time.

Loved the original above all else, and am over the moon that it's followed up this quick. I really didn't expect this in at least another five years or so.

Hot_Tamale

NHL 18 is supposed to feature 3 vs. 3 mode. I also read online that it won't feature the new graphics engine powered by a company called Frostbite, but it will have it in the new Madden game this year. Still super pumped!!