Gamers thread

Ithior

I've finished Final Fantasy 1 for the GBA (though I'm playing it on a tablet), going to start Final Fantasy 2 or Chrono Trigger for the SNES (I'll play it on a tablet as well).

I've also been playing NBA 2k13 every now and then.

Bronson99

Playing the first Bioshock for the first time :kiss:

It's almost great, almost as in it's suffering from the "middle portion" drag that affects a lot of games, I expect the conclusion will rectify that tho! The atmosphere, immersion, artistic value is amazing.

Those of you that played the series, did you like the first or second bioshock better? No spoilers, please. :giggle:

Playing the first Bioshock for the first time :kiss:

It's almost great, almost as in it's suffering from the "middle portion" drag that affects a lot of games, I expect the conclusion will rectify that tho! The atmosphere, immersion, artistic value is amazing.

Those of you that played the series, did you like the first or second bioshock better? No spoilers, please. :giggle:

The first over the second, and the third (BioShock Infinite) over the first. BioShock 2 is a fun expansion to the whole Rapture atmosphere, though. I've heard bad things said about it, but despite not being as memorable as the original, I can't recall any moments that rubbed me the wrong way.

drganon

Just bought gta 5 online. Should be arriving this Tuesday.Still playing Animal Crossing new leaf as well. Also brought out my psone from the closet and played some old need for speed and crash bandicoot games.

I've been playing a lot of GTA 5 since it came out. I loved San Andreas, hated GTA 4, and I have to say.. Rockstar really redeemed itself.

I never even finished GTA 4 because it was boring, tedious and claustrophobic. GTA 5 on the other hand, is the good 'ol sandbox playground that we knew and loved from San Andreas. From exploration, to useless (but fun) sub-features on vehicles, to the stunning graphics for a sandbox game, it all delivers as advertised.

Besides somewhat easily overlooked mission markers, I can't find much wrong with it. Can't wait for the online feature to go live.

Last edited:

drganon

I've been playing a lot of GTA 5 since it came out. I loved San Andreas, hated GTA 4, and I have to say.. Rockstar really redeemed itself.

I never even finished GTA 4 because it was boring, tedious and claustrophobic. GTA 5 on the other hand, is the good 'ol sandbox playground that we knew and loved from San Andreas. From exploration, to useless (but fun) sub-features on vehicles, to the stunning graphics for a sandbox game, it all delivers as advertised.

Besides somewhat easily overlooked mission markers, I can't find much wrong with it. Can't wait for the online feature to go live.

I enjoyed gta 4 at the time, and even beat it twice, as well as both of the dlc episodes, but I agree with your sentiment. The game hasn't aged all that well. Red Dead Redemption is a much better open world game.

Klonoa

Ah, I played The Simpsons arcade game with a friend! And the original arcade Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game! Still very fun games! TMNT Arcade is how a TMNT game should be, none of that Out of Shadows shenanigans with hyper realistic creepy turtlemen...

Oh, I'm also getting this game:

Foto%2BShiren%2Bthe%2BWanderer.jpg

I heard it's VERY fun and engaging. But right now I'm playing both Zelda: Twilight Princess (again) and Rune Factory Frontier. The Lava dungeon is kicking my rear...

rune-factory-frontier-20081008105635590_640w.jpg

I haven't been able to marry any of them girls yet though...

(Yes, I'm trying to marry NPCs in a game where you're given that option. ;_; Oh man...)

Jaysonguy

With all the talk about people wanting really interesting games that are different I'm surprised this hasn't met it's goal.

Neverending Nightmares on Kickstarter is something that's never been done before like this.

screenshot_03.png

It's about mental illness inspired by the game's creator dealing with his own mental illness.

drganon

I've beaten GTA 5. Good game overall, felt kinda short in comparison to other games in the series, but that could just be me. Still playing animal crossing new leaf as well. The one game I'm really looking forward to that hasn't come out yet is the next walking dead game by telltales.

I've beaten GTA 5. Good game overall, felt kinda short in comparison to other games in the series, but that could just be me. Still playing animal crossing new leaf as well. The one game I'm really looking forward to that hasn't come out yet is the next walking dead game by telltales.

It was a bit shorter. Better missions, though. Tons of variety.

TreeBones

I'm more of a halo person but some new games I've tried , deadpool and borderlands 2 are Awesome! the deadpool game is just frickin hilarious and borderlands is also funny, the animation is cool and I love the characters. A video game that I've always wanted to play since I was little but never got to it, is kingdom hearts, my brothers use to play it but I was to young to and never got to it since. ah.

Last edited:

Ithior

Pokémon X' and 'Y' of course! 11 hours non stop and too addictive!

I really want to get this but I was trying to get a 2nd hand 3DS and the guy still hasn't answered my e-mail (it's been a week).
Looks like I'll have to buy a brand new 3DS, all the other 2nd hand ones were too expensive considering the use they had.

Did you get X, Y or both?

vickiekitties

Ah, I played The Simpsons arcade game with a friend! And the original arcade Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game! Still very fun games! TMNT Arcade is how a TMNT game should be, none of that Out of Shadows shenanigans with hyper realistic creepy turtlemen...

Omg, I'm a huge ninja turtles dork. There's a new ninja turtle game available for pre order at the place near me.
Have you seen the new ninja turtle show on nickelodeon? It's all CGI, which I usually hate but it's cool anyway.

Rawz

I was driving a car in GTA IV and ran into a vendor stand just hard enough to tip it over. The instant it hit the vendor (who had fallen down) it blew up! I have never seen that happen before. It was hilarious.

I feel like I'm straight out of Idiocracy when because I'm laughing so hard at stupid things.

Klonoa

Tmntgeneric.jpg

Got this for Wii, but I haven't played it yet. However, from what I saw and I've been told, it's a MUCH better game than the trainwreck "Out of Shadows" was. It does look good, kinda reminded me of TMNT for Wii, the one that was a tie-in for the 2007 movie. It was pretty fun.

But I still love to play Turtles in Time and TMNTII: The Arcade Game the best.

Omg, I'm a huge ninja turtles dork. There's a new ninja turtle game available for pre order at the place near me.
Have you seen the new ninja turtle show on nickelodeon? It's all CGI, which I usually hate but it's cool anyway.

Sorry for late replying! Well, I saw the new CGI cartoon, I like it throws PLENTY of throwbacks to the original 80s turtles, which I grew with. I noticed how the previous 2003 movies tried to be as close as Mirrage comics turtles as possible under the FCC and 4kids rules, and it was pretty cool. I like that this new CGI cartoon successfully manages to balance both (still regret there's no Bebop and Rocksteady though), but I wish they went with 2D this time. The CGI is good, but I can't help it feel it's kind-of a step down comapared to the 2007 TMNT film CGI (which I also liked!) but I still can appreciate and love the show.

Turtle power!

Last edited:

vickiekitties

Tmntgeneric.jpg

Got this for Wii, but I haven't played it yet. However, from what I saw and I've been told, it's a MUCH better game than the trainwreck "Out of Shadows" was. It does look good, kinda reminded me of TMNT for Wii, the one that was a tie-in for the 2007 movie. It was pretty fun.

But I still love to play Turtles in Time and TMNTII: The Arcade Game the best.

Sorry for late replying! Well, I saw the new CGI cartoon, I like it throws PLENTY of throwbacks to the original 80s turtles, which I grew with. I noticed how the previous 2003 movies tried to be as close as Mirrage comics turtles as possible under the FCC and 4kids rules, and it was pretty cool. I like that this new CGI cartoon successfully manages to balance both (still regret there's no Bebop and Rocksteady though), but I wish they went with 2D this time. The CGI is good, but I can't help it feel it's kind-of a step down comapared to the 2007 TMNT film CGI (which I also liked!) but I still can appreciate and love the show.

Turtle power!

Turtle power indeed. :) A turtles game for the Wii sounds like fun! Let me know how that plays out. I don't have a Wii, but my sister does and I'm always trying to get to use it. Do you have a bunch of systems? I just have a 360 and a few retro consoles. My favorite turtle is Mikey, since he's adorable and I'm a dork. :b