so how does it run , what's your specs

It's....Strange.

I have 6970 X2 graphics cards

i7 920 Step d0 clocked at 4.00ghz

8gb of ram 1600mhz

1200w PSU

And a 120 gb SSD

I get about 80-100 fps indoors but outdoors I get about 55-60

Also feels a bit choppy but that could be microstutter thanks to having two cards.

My most recent humble little Minecraft house.
20110927234236.png

Not to show up Anti Matter too much, but it's currently running at 9-12 fps, almost max settings.

Strange reason for that. My laptop has an i7 at 1.6 ghz, 8 gb RAM, and a mobile Radeon 5870. On Windows, I play with a 256x texture pack, far view distance, etc at a smooth 60 fps, but the current Radeon video driver situation on linux is terrible, and that 9-12 fps is while running the game from a RAMdisk (no hard drive usage).

Blabla..

I get about 80-100 fps indoors but outdoors I get about 55-60

Also feels a bit choppy but that could be microstutter thanks to having two cards.

I'm sure at release date with proper drivers the performance will be better , hopefully you will get better fps outdoor with that rig !

i have

I7 930
GTX 470
6GB
850 watts
120 GB SSD

hopefully i wont need to upgrade my GPU sooner than i thought

is your laptop an HP with switchable graphics ?

Mine? No. Mine is an ASUS gaming laptop. None of that switchable graphics noise. I'm entirely certain that it's my video driver slowing everything down. On Linux there are two Radeon drivers.
One (the one I'm using now) lacks support for some advanced features in the newer Radeon cards (like mine). All it has is basic 3D support.
The other one, the official Catalyst driver, will run Minecraft at an ungodly speed, but can't smoothly animate a window moving across the screen, or anything else that's 2D (can't even run YouTube smoothly).

Quite a predicament the folks at AMD have put me in, but that's why I dual-boot Linux and Windows.

I'm sure at release date with proper drivers the performance will be better , hopefully you will get better fps outdoor with that rig !

i have

I7 930
GTX 470
6GB
850 watts
120 GB SSD

hopefully i wont need to upgrade my GPU sooner than i thought

Aparantly in the tech demo it wasn't running on ultra. It was running on high, I can run this game on high np with 100+ fps.

Ah well, will start saving up for a new rig.

Mokkat

BF3 beta is kickass - Im gonna have to get a new graphics card though, they still havent added the final ultra setting and Im already feeling the slowdowns :)

also:

oh notch, you silly dev

aNV8K.jpg

Blabla..

i gotta say i love the BF3 beta , even with all the bugs , yes i need a new gpu now , im gonna wait for a GTX680 , im just playing on low now , it still looks good and is super smooth for maximum fraggin. I can play on Ultra , but it's not smooth enough for my taste .

What do you mean they still haven't added the ultra settings ? I see ultra in the menu , you think this is not the highest setting that will be available ? I gotta say the graphics are nice , but i was not THAT impressed .

U

userremoved

^I dont know if you want to be his friend anyways. I dont like the cut of his jib.

i gotta say i love the BF3 beta , even with all the bugs , yes i need a new gpu now , im gonna wait for a GTX680 , im just playing on low now , it still looks good and is super smooth for maximum fraggin. I can play on Ultra , but it's not smooth enough for my taste .

What do you mean they still haven't added the ultra settings ? I see ultra in the menu , you think this is not the highest setting that will be available ? I gotta say the graphics are nice , but i was not THAT impressed .

Aparantly the ULTRA setting is not the true ULTRA.

We will see that in the retail ver.