Game-like treatment

emptybench

I just found this site (www.superbetter.com) and it seems pretty nice for people suffering from depression or anxiety. Even having an account for a few hours can give many ideas about how to set goals, quests and gradually improve our mood.

What did you guys think about it? I think most of those ideas can be also implemented with simple txt files or a notebook to keep track of our progress, though the app is easier to manage.

Ithior

Looks nice, I tried doing something like this some months ago, but I had trouble finding a platform to make it easier. A shame the app is iPhone only though.

Edit: I created an account. It now asked me to shake someone's hand for 6 seconds (isn't that a bit too long?) or to send someone a quick thank you by email, text, Facebook or Twitter. I got no one to shake hands with nearby and I don't have any reason to send a thank you to anyone. Guess I'm stuck.

Oh wait. Thank you for showing me this website, it's exactly what I was looking for a few months ago.

Last edited:

Hoppy

I had the same problem with the handshaking. Ended up sending someone I've never met on a forum a thank you note.

But I haven't gone further yet, I've been ill the past week.

bsammy

wait it recommends you to shake someones hand for 6 seconds?that seems a little odd, does it have to be a stranger or someone u know??

dany

Very interesting... never tried something like this. I might give it a try to see how it goes.