Friends, who needs them

Silvox Black

I myself have witnessed these sorts of fake "friends" wreak havoc upon some of my companions. I have learned to ignore those idiots who are not true friends, I have learned to rid myself of their presence. However, I have hardened myself to suffering, so it may have been simple for me. When it comes to a situation for you, I would advise thinking of yourself. Caring for your own well being is certainly not something selfish. Everyone is allowed to care for their personal health at times when they are required to. This case would be one of them.

Lorraine Manca

Not at all, I completely agree. I suppose I'm just hoping for one person who will prover otherwise but so far..no such luck. It hurts giving so much of yourself to people you care about and them not caring at all. I guess that makes me a pushover? Or just way to caring of other people.

i know exactly what you mean. its weird to care so much about people who dont care about you. i think people on this sight would know the feeling. we're all so sensitive and feel deeply. there's a bit of lyrics that helps me, "though your promise counts for nothing, you must keep it none the less". just because people around you are careless doesnt mean you can't love them well.

Kat

Very good advice, I definitely think you should try talking to them first and see what they say or if they improve. People aren’t perfect so they will slip up from time to time but if they have your best interests once they acknowledge what they have done they will stop doing what’s hurting you.

I try and avoid friendships in real life because I am sure at some point they will behave like that, like it’s in their blood to be that way. And I have a hard time forgiving people and acknowledging the good because I have been hurt so many times so it easy for me to assume the worse and ignore any good that’s happening because negative is truth to me positive is a lie so it gets dismissed.

I am somewhat content with being without friends but being human I have the normal cravings for social interaction to deny myself that would to tell myself to stop breathing, it’s natural and a necessity for a person’s psyche to have friends that have your best interests but like any relationship with a person sometimes you have to learn and teach how to care for one another. They may not intentionally do it but they will never know unless you talk to them and teach them.

I think the internet works somewhat for me but I am not sure for how long it will.

Last edited:

FOR REAL

Banned
theres one friend i need right now, hes been phoning for weeks but ive just ignored it.
he eats food off the carpet (no joke), and it would save me money having to buy hoover bags.

MaryA

nah... I dont have friends like that anymore, because I as soon as a so called friend starts treating me like that I don't bother with them. If they don't treat me with respect (like I do them) then they aren't real friends, and I'd rather have no friends than people like that in my life. The less stress in my life, the better my life is!

losttroy

Kitty said:
They may not intentionally do it but they will never know unless you talk to them and teach them.

You are brilliant, you know that!!??:):):)

I don't have that many people I talk to, and have just one friend. She's my best friend, and all I really need for companionship, someone to talk to, do things with, etc. Everyone else are like I said... people I talk to sometimes.

I only have one friend.:) How many friends do you have?

Krista

You are brilliant, you know that!!??

I don't have that many people I talk to, and have just one friend. She's my best friend, and all I really need for companionship, someone to talk to, do things with, etc. Everyone else are like I said... people I talk to sometimes.

I only have one friend.:) How many friends do you have?

Lol, she is brilliant isn't she. My mentor of sorts :)

You're very lucky to have her mister!

Kat

Aw, I am the lucky one, I am terrible at receiving complements::eek:: but I do appreciate it and I am glad to have people that care. It’s not the quantity but the quality;)

Pink_Paula

I don't have friends, well not "real" ones not anymore, i lost a lot of them through being agoraphobic and never taking them up on offers to go out. i have a lot of online friends , but sometimes they don't feel like enough. I could really use a friend in my life right now, i just want someone here to have fun with, share a laugh, forget how crud life really is just for a bit. but meh it's my own fault really lol

Krista

I don't have friends, well not "real" ones not anymore, i lost a lot of them through being agoraphobic and never taking them up on offers to go out. i have a lot of online friends , but sometimes they don't feel like enough. I could really use a friend in my life right now, i just want someone here to have fun with, share a laugh, forget how crud life really is just for a bit. but meh it's my own fault really lol

I bet if put in the right situation with the right outlook you'd make many friends :) I think you're rather nice and lovely dear.

Pink_Paula

I bet if put in the right situation with the right outlook you'd make many friends :) I think you're rather nice and lovely dear.

Thankyou so much, that made me smile :)

I've been going on another forum and i've made some "friends" on there, i seem to make friends easily online, but just not in real life lol

Krista

Thankyou so much, that made me smile :)

I've been going on another forum and i've made some "friends" on there, i seem to make friends easily online, but just not in real life lol

As do I somtimes, lol. It's just the pressure we put on ourselves. It's much easier not to feel judged when the other person is on the other side of the world.

Pink_Paula

As do I somtimes, lol. It's just the pressure we put on ourselves. It's much easier not to feel judged when the other person is on the other side of the world.

You're so right, online it is easier to talk and be more natural, whereas in real life there's a whole load more to it, like do i look ok, why are they looking at me like that? all sorts of nonsense lol