Friend in Distress

DukeOtakuNukem

My best friend has been threatened multiple times by his parents that he will get kicked out of the house if he upsets them again, and his parents even told him "You are not a child, you are a burden." and this is really worrying me as he is a great guy to me, and has brought a lot of joy, despite his parents, and even my mother hating him. I don't care if my family hates him too, because he never takes advantage of me in ways others have by making unrealistic offers such as "I will come over to your place whenever you want if you pay $500 to get my computer fixed" which deeply saddened me, because that tells me that the other friend only cares about what he can get out of me. That other friend is the one that my mother loves for no good reason, and on top of that he never took the effort to engage in activities I enjoyed, yet I engaged with him completely with days worth of activities of things he likes, and the fact that he is not considering how I am feeling really saddens me, thus I do not hang out with that other friend anymore, but my best friend is getting hate from all directions, and I feel extremely powerless to defend him, as he is my real friend, not someone like the person my mother likes who consistently blackmails me!!! I would have better luck jumping off a cliff and sustain minor injuries compared to this situation. I don't know what to tell, or do for him, but any suggestions are appreciated!

Last edited:

vanillabear

I think the best thing you can do now is just to support and be there for him.. I really don't think his parents would do something as harsh as kicking him out, maybe they just said those things in the heat of the moment? What has your friend done to upset his parents?

ImNotMyIllness

In situations like these, which are beyond your control, the only thing you can do for him is to be there for support. Just spend as much time as you can with him.

Section_31

Parents like this shouldnt be parents at all, IMO.....You dont just bail on your own blood because theyre someone you dont like....urg

Sorry, i know that doesnt help. Just, situations like these really annoy me.

DukeOtakuNukem

Parents like this shouldnt be parents at all, IMO.....You dont just bail on your own blood because theyre someone you dont like....urg

Sorry, i know that doesnt help. Just, situations like these really annoy me.

You are certainly right on that. No problem, though. It is disheartening to see that this kind of thing goes on, as I myself have been extremely frustrated about this whole ordeal.

Xervello

I concur with everyone else, it's beyond your control. Just be his friend. Don't get in the way. He and his parents are bound to come to a head at some point in the future, and interfering will only postpone the inevitable.

DukeOtakuNukem

Okay, that is fine. Its not like I can expect a positive outcome from anything, that's one of the advantages of being a pessimist, at least I can't be disappointed if something I rather not happen happens, because I expect that particular outcome. I am not upset with any of you, I understand that you all are giving me honest answers, and I appreciate that. I am just discouraged from this whole ordeal.