For all the people on this forum

thegunners21

Has it ever happened to you that you liked a girl or guy but were too afraid to make a move?

I have had this happen to me 3 times, where i liked a girl, introduced myself to her, but then our encounters were strictly restricted to small talk.
Our encounters would become really monotonous and repetitive then, and it would become too late to make a move.

I would make my mind up everyday to confess my attraction towards, but i lack the proverbial balls.

If anyone has ever overcome this problem, how did you do it?

planemo

Well at least you made some sort of move, i made no move at all!!!::(:

I still regret it to this day. I kinda wonder, "if only i said something to her..." then perhaps things could be better. I would actually like to know if someone did overcome this problem and how they did it.

Kiwong

Hell yes. All the time back in my twenties and thirties. Wow, it cuased me a lot of unecessay pain

I seem to have overcome this problem by not making moves anymore. I have other more interesting things to focus on.

planemo

Hell yes. All the time back in my twenties and thirties. Wow, it cuased me a lot of unecessay pain

I seem to have overcome this problem by not making moves anymore. I have other more interesting things to focus on.

I guess that's one way of solving it. But don't you ever feel like you might be missing out on something possibly better?

Kiwong

I guess that's one way of solving it. But don't you ever feel like you might be missing out on something possibly better?

No, not really. My life's pretty good, I very much enjoy my independence and I seriously don't think this part of my life needs fixing and I rarely concern myself with these issues anymore.

thegunners21

asked a simple question - "Can I kiss you?"

Takes a lot of balls.
The thing is the latest i like was in a volunteer club with me, and if i say something like that and she refuses, it'll be very awkward for the rest of the year.

I've heard that when you get turned down if you call them a lesbian and say they're ugly anyway then you can retain some dignity.

Nope you'll just look pathetic.
and word might spreed to other women that you're an ass-hole.

it's kinda-of a lose-lose.

Minty

Not really. I can definitely think someone is attractive but I don't really develop crushes until I know a bit about the person's personality. The few guys I've had the opportunity to talk to in my life had personalities that...I really didn't care for. So I haven't had the chance to like someone enough to want to ask them out or anything. It sucks.

Patrick26

Has it ever happened to you that you liked a girl or guy but were too afraid to make a move?

I have had this happen to me 3 times, where i liked a girl, introduced myself to her, but then our encounters were strictly restricted to small talk.
Our encounters would become really monotonous and repetitive then, and it would become too late to make a move.

I would make my mind up everyday to confess my attraction towards, but i lack the proverbial balls.

If anyone has ever overcome this problem, how did you do it?

My old job was at a mall where i was a janitor (OMFG SO BORING!!! i wanted to die working there, that kind of work blows). I saw this 1 girl, she was VERY hot! but i did not think of it that way at the time, the first time i saw her i was hooked! once i saw her walk by i would just gawk at her even when she was looking at me with her sexy smile! i could not help it, i was in lust with her so much. Everytime she was in the basement in her storage unit (she worked at the body shop and her name was Jewel) she would always be smiling at me, not just a short smile, but look at me as i walk on by long lasting smile. Once my work was throwing out perfectly good chocolates so i grabbed a few and waited for her to come out and as she did i gave her a chocolate, she blushed and smiled and said thanks, i was so nervous! later that day i asked her if she liked the chocolate, she said it was great and thanked me again and i let her carry on. Just seeing her i wanted to melt into a puddle. Even some of the truck drivers i got to know and talked to all the time liked her. She even to this day and it's not even CLOSE was the biggest regret i made. She may be the biggest regret of my life. I didn't talk to her much, but i stared at her and she obviously knew i liked her. I said may be the biggest regret because my life isn't over yet. But up untill this very moment is the biggest regret of my life....it took me 3 years to get over her.::(: Everyday i could not get her out of my mind.....i wish i could have a redo because i'd SO ask her out this time around! i rarely think of her anymore since it was like 8 years ago but i still regret it more then anything i've ever done and it's not even close.

alwaysrunning

Not sure why, but i always tend to reject people who seem to be interested in me. I just have that mentality of rejecting people before i get rejected myself. Doesnt give me a chance to get attached and thus no chance to get hurt. Maybe ive hurt people so i know im being selfish, i really need to stop i just need to figure out how...

mikebird

Banned
Yesterday.

Meeting mate's new bird. Mate is a tramp, and he's in there, with a posh bird.

So I'm in there. Big hug and byeeee! See you soooon

mikebird

Banned
Other mate the day before yesterday... met his new friends, living in apartments across the road from mine, who comes from my original home.... 140 miles away.... and she's bi. What to do??