First job?

coyote

...what is the problem with americans and the loser-winner thing,....

i think you forgot a word in there

maybe it would be more accurate if it said:

"...what is the problem with SOME americans and the loser-winner thing,..."

or

"...what is the problem with MANY americans and the loser-winner thing,..."

Noop

never had a job, too thick.

can't anyways now i'm a carer, so my life is over and isn't worth crap.

Felgen

Apply for a crappy job that nobody else wants, then when you have more experience, try getting a better job. I've been in your situation (I was slightly younger) and that worked for me.

WeirdyMcGee

Most people start in fast food. It's fine for a first job...
Also many grocery stores or entry positions in retail would accept someone with no prior experience. Having a highschool diploma is your best bet, though... and making a good first impression.

I've been working since I was 12... I can't remember what my first job was. haha
Babysitting or Catering, probably. I worked 3 jobs at any time all the way through highschool and worked various places before and after that.

Last edited:

Rot

My first job was in a plastic injection factory. It was a hard job. 8 hours per day at first, 12h per day after some months. That was after finishing my bachelor and not knowing what I wanted to do. I spent almost a year working there and I lost so much weight (I've never been as slim as in that time). It was just temporal, for getting some money for my family and my studies, and after 9 months, I left it and joined university. It wasn't a nice time but this kind of experiences make you mature.