First Days Back to School

IamThisOne

I want to post a thread, but I don't have anything fun to say.

Monday was my first day back to community college. It is my sophomore year and I am taking Advanced Network Administration, CCNA 3, Art Appreciation, Programming with C++, and General Psychology.

Sunday night I barely got any sleep because I was so anxious. Mostly I was worried that my vehicle was going to break down. My classes were cut short because it was the first day. My computer classes were no problem because I knew everyone and nobody in those classes judge people.

My art class was horrible. The classroom looked like a storage room with desks thrown about. It was so crowded. I was so nervous because of how close I was to everyone. Also, I was sweating because the weather was like over a hundred degrees (I'm not exaggerating) and I was pouring sweat. I also seemed to be the only one sweating. All I could think about was everyone looking at me and seeing my soaked clothes. Everyone in the class was talking to each other and cracking jokes, I just sat there staring at my desk trying to think good thoughts. I felt like I was in the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers and I was the only one who was not a pod person.

Just thought I would share this. Sorry for being so boring.

p i a n o♬

I want to post a thread, but I don't have anything fun to say.

Monday was my first day back to community college. It is my sophomore year and I am taking Advanced Network Administration, CCNA 3, Art Appreciation, Programming with C++, and General Psychology.

Sunday night I barely got any sleep because I was so anxious. Mostly I was worried that my vehicle was going to break down. My classes were cut short because it was the first day. My computer classes were no problem because I knew everyone and nobody in those classes judge people.

My art class was horrible. The classroom looked like a storage room with desks thrown about. It was so crowded. I was so nervous because of how close I was to everyone. Also, I was sweating because the weather was like over a hundred degrees (I'm not exaggerating) and I was pouring sweat. I also seemed to be the only one sweating. All I could think about was everyone looking at me and seeing my soaked clothes. Everyone in the class was talking to each other and cracking jokes, I just sat there staring at my desk trying to think good thoughts. I felt like I was in the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers and I was the only one who was not a pod person.

Just thought I would share this. Sorry for being so boring.

Not boring at all, really.

I can relate. Schools been keeping me up late.. It hasn't even started yet. =\

When I think about school, I swear I can barely breath because it makes me so nervous. I get a really bad headache then so I try to push the idea of school in the back of my head.

My brain has been throwing out all of these ideas and exaggerating every single detail of school.

What if they think I'm ugly? Will they hate me because of that? Where am I supposed to sit for lunch? I don't have friends. What will the teachers think of me? What if they think I'm stupid? What if someone tries to start a conversation? I have no idea how to keep on conversation going....

Bleh. Okay, well at least I could help you a little bit by relating with you. ::eek::

zav943

I can relate as well, both to you and to piano...

I'm going back to Toronto to complete my last year of school (after which I will finally be an engineer!)...

Anyways, I'm terrified. I haven't talked to anyone back there in a year (because I've been working in a different city). It's going to be a whole new start for me...and I'm anxious...anxious it will be like every other year: I sit there, talk to a few people to my left and right, but other than that, go unnoticed by everyone. Then I go on facebook and see how everyone else is fitting in with their classmates so well :/

quietkiwi

I can relate to all of the above, I went back to college to pursue a different path. I was doing business and most of my classes consisted of just lectures with groups of a couple of hundred in a big lecture theatre, not the way to get to know your class mates. When there were small group classes as well they often weren't compulsory so I usualy avoided them for fear I'd stuff up while answering questions etc, or would sit there not being able to ask anything. I had a few classes with computer labs and these were much easier as there was something physical to actually do whilst in the class.

I used to travel a fair way just to get to there and the anxiety would just build and build on the way, luckily there was a lot of shops near by and places to walk so this was a way to get a break during the day.

I look back and wish I'd chosen a more practical college or study path, mainly so it would be easier to interact with social anxiety and in the workforce after.

I wonder if any of you have thought of joining any college/school clubs as a way to finding something to do during breaks or to make friends with similar interests. My college campus had very little in the way of these clubs but I know some have a lot. Not that it's an easy thing to do when you have social anxiey, just a thought.

fitftw

All I can say about how I can relate to all of you is that I've never fit into any group, ever. Not the ravers, not the car guys, not the videogamers, nobody. I've tried it all. I do not get along well with anyone I think.

zav943

All I can say about how I can relate to all of you is that I've never fit into any group, ever. Not the ravers, not the car guys, not the videogamers, nobody. I've tried it all. I do not get along well with anyone I think.

What about your 186 facebook friends?

fitftw

that's facebook. I live on it. I know like 2 of those people in real life. And I never see them. When I would go hang out with a certain group of people like at a car meet, I'm the most silent guy there. I don't participate because having the spotlight on me scares me.