Fighting your thoughts

pandamonium77

Does anyone else feel like you have to fight your own thoughts? Things pop up in my head and i either repeat "No, no, no, no, no that wont happen" and then insert an example why it wont happen or i'll swear "F---,f---,f---,sh--,sh--,sh--, *example* "
It also feels really good when you "beat" those thoughts for a bit, but then they come back and its like a never ending cycle

durda_dan

yeah i do it, like get a though to kill, i will close my eyes , look awya and think no no no in my head.

But apparently fighting your thoughts is worse for your OCD.

Danfalc

Banned
I feel i have to fight my thoughts alot,its really stressfull when your down anyway,the last thing you need is your own thoughts making things worse lol.

Also my thinking seems to be out of sync full stop,i find it very hard to think clearly with any clarity alot of the time,and if I try and relax or when im in bed trying to sleep,its like i have no controll over my brain,and its just starts dwelling on everything,it makes me so tired and stressed ::(:

durda_dan

I feel i have to fight my thoughts alot,its really stressfull when your down anyway,the last thing you need is your own thoughts making things worse lol.

Also my thinking seems to be out of sync full stop,i find it very hard to think clearly with any clarity alot of the time,and if I try and relax or when im in bed trying to sleep,its like i have no controll over my brain,and its just starts dwelling on everything,it makes me so tired and stressed ::(:

are you sure you don't have some OCD? by your posts i am begining to think you might have had OCD for a while but your only coming to realise it recently.
Good luck

Danfalc

Banned
are you sure you don't have some OCD? by your posts i am begining to think you might have had OCD for a while but your only coming to realise it recently.
Good luck

Im really not sure,ive done some research into it,but alot of ocd symtoms and general anxiety/depression ones mirror each other.

Plus I dont have any typical ocd thoughts like ive seen other people post about so maybe i have mild ocd? if there is such a thing but thanks for the reply.Ill try and bring it up next time i go to the doctors.

I always look at the worst things that could happen, not the happy things. For instance, I would love to travel to New York, I can afford, and it’s not beyond my means. However, it would be a waste of money because I would not enjoy it. I would worry about the bad things.

rand0m_guy

Im really not sure,ive done some research into it,but alot of ocd symtoms and general anxiety/depression ones mirror each other.

Plus I dont have any typical ocd thoughts like ive seen other people post about so maybe i have mild ocd? if there is such a thing but thanks for the reply.Ill try and bring it up next time i go to the doctors.

It's probably only OCD if the thoughts are of a repetitive nature. If it's just a general racing mind like ruminating on the past or worrying about the future, or my personal favourite of conjuring up scenarios which are completely unlikely to happen, then I'd say it's just general anxiety disorder.

GAD is a much larger problem for me these days than SAD. Because my mind doesn't get much respite from random/racing thoughts it leads to depression and insomnia (or vice versa) and the cycle continues...

I also often have problems with thinking straight and concentrating. Often I wont be able to watch TV, read, or anything that would require minimal concentration for someone without such a problem.

Meh. :D

Danfalc

Banned
It's probably only OCD if the thoughts are of a repetitive nature.

Its always the same thing,always,its like my mind is stuck on loop...or someone has slotted a cd on repeat in my head.For someone who supposedly has anxiety... i dont worry or get anxious much about the future,i just get stressed and down and dont function very well.

Sorry to hear your having it rough btw,it is such a horrible place to be in,its just drains you and its so hard to keep going with everything sapping all your mental strength and energy.I hope things look up for you soon.

lol couldnt of summed it up better myself

recluse

I find myself thinking about not thinking so it's very tiring. I actually have to concentrate on not thinking unwanted stuff which can go round in a loop once i succumb to them. They say that you should not try to not think but let the thoughts flow naturally but i don't know how to. It's horrible because i can't fully enjoy watching films and listening to music because of lack of concentration.

Ashiene

I keep getting intrusive thoughts (and very vivid images) in my mind of harming or killing people I know. I have to tell myself that I am a good person and I won't do anything to harm anyone and I have to write it down, repeat it in my head, and the thoughts stop, but they come back the next day. Like a demon in the mind....