favourite sci-fi shows

davidburke

has anyone seen the new stargate universe episode? What do you think of it? (i haven't seen it yet so no spoilers please)

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Yes, and I quite liked it. It's hard to describe why without spoilers.

I like SGU the best of all of them, so far. Of course, I also liked Enterprise better than the other Star Treks, too. It was less cheesy and pretentious, and more realistic in some ways.

Damaged

Lost
Roswell
Buffy/Angel
Caprica
V
3rd Rock From The Sun

I really want to watch all of X-Files, i was too young to watch it first time around so i might have to get cheap boxset and start :D

davidburke

Yes, and I quite liked it. It's hard to describe why without spoilers.

I like SGU the best of all of them, so far. Of course, I also liked Enterprise better than the other Star Treks, too. It was less cheesy and pretentious, and more realistic in some ways.

i have seen it now..... yeaaaaaaaah thats what i'm talkin about amazing!!:eek::eek::eek: hope it keeps up the tempo i love the aliens they are different from the aliens used in other shows, no more humanoids with some weird forehead ::p:

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
no more humanoids with some weird forehead ::p:
Seriously, for crap's sake! If you read a scifi book there's all sorts of freaky creatures. I'd be happier if they start making the aliens even more alien. Why should it be carbon-based, oxygen-breathing bipedal humanoids, anyway? I was tickled pink when Enterprise showed the Tholians as quasi-insectoid, crystalline creatures that required blazing hot temperatures. I know part of it's a matter of budget, but still.

Plus I kind of like how they flash who's sleeping with whom and how it changes. Chloe, you ho! Heheh. I like Grier, though.