extreme anxiety when driving with someone

LazyHermitCrab

problems: what if i get pulled over or there's an accident, i look too overally careful, were late, we get lost, and so much more..this is horrible ::(:

Masychefx2

Banned
i get nervious becasue i feel i am getting almost judged by my driving skills if someone is in the car, these are my concerns i HATE being ocd

LazyHermitCrab

i get nervious becasue i feel i am getting almost judged by my driving skills if someone is in the car, these are my concerns i HATE being ocd

ahh yea and when it comes to parking i'm already half passed out plus when we get to the destination i keep thinking about pulling out of the parking lot again...

Emma22w

God i'm like that too. Especially if my dad is riding shotgun with me. He is very critical of my driving skills, and it makes me so nervous to the point where i swerve. :/

Felgen

I've actually been told that I'm a good driver by several people, so I'm no longer concerned about that. However, I'm much more carefull when I have passengers than when I'm alone.

Emily_G

I used to be very nervous when driving with others at first when I first got my license, but now I'm more comfortable with it.

Newtype

I'm just nervous when I drive, period. There are just too many morons out there that I don't trust. I'm also worried that I'll have a lack of attention and cause an accident.

Abby

not only am i a nervous driver to begin with, but it seems that friends and family members ask me on an increasingly regular basis these days to drive them somewhere...

and here, after all these years of hiding my SA, i finally TOLD them about my condition, they KNOW i am extremely stressed while driving, and yet they STILL ask me?! - to drive them to *insane* destinations (ex - hospitals, doctor appointments in the city, to go get their car at the mechanic, to pick them up at the airport, etc)...

OMG, LEAVE ME ALONE, D*MMIT - no, of course i never tell them that - instead, i just freak out quietly as usual, while driving them to their requested destination. hey, maybe this belongs on that other thread - the one about not being able to say no. :(

agoraphobickatie

well as an agoraphobe, i'm just anxious when i drive alone or with someone period. haha.. i'm okay as long as i'm with either of my parents, my thought is that if i freak out, i can just pull over and they can drive. but if i'm alone, i'm scared i'll start to feel sick or freak out or something and i'll be alone =/

but when i used to be 'normal', haha.. i was in a wreck while i was alone, and my car was totaled (it wasn't my fault, thankfully!).. but i wouldn't worry so much about getting in a wreck, because it's kind of weird. i would definitely be one to worry about being in a wreck, but now i'm just whatever about it, when i was it my last wreck, it was like i went in to autopilot, everything goes by really fast and you just feel kinda shaken up... it wasn't any fun, but i felt like my dad, boyfriend and sister (all on different parts of town) got there within seconds, haha.. man, it was all just weird, lol