Ever been called Crazy for no reason?

I don’t do well in social situations I also have a Behaviour and Emotional disorder… and OCD…
I have friends on Facebook, people from school, family and world friends who I have never met. Some friends delete me, maybe it cos I post a lot, maybe it’s the things I’m posting, maybe it’s just my moods… I don’t know. But there was someone who called me crazy and this really made me sad. They also said that I post things that are of too high emotional content. I tried to tell them I have an emotional disorder and that my posts will be of high emotional content. But what upsets me is… That I’m born with this, my brain is re-wired differently and they are telling me that I’m broken and must fix my problems and the way I behave… But how can I fix myself and not be crazy if that is all I know how to be? I really like this friend… And they don’t talk to me much anymore, as they say I must change and they are rejecting me for who I am :confused:

WeirdyMcGee

I get called crazy constantly. I've learned to take it as more of a friendly jab and not as an insult.

My parents always told me that if someone tells me to change myself because I'm not normal-- and if I don't change, they will not be my friend < they were not a friend to begin with.
I understand that reasoning but it can make a person feel really lonely if that type of 'friend' is the only friend someone's been able to make, then can they have any hope to make a 'real' friend?

It's a troubling question.

Not sure what I meant to say here, but I think I understand to an extent-- what situation you are in, OP.
There isn't really a right or wrong answer though. You've got to do what makes you feel good about yourself- for yourself.

JamesSmith

Well think about it, to them we are crazy. They enjoy talking and being with people and a lot of us don't enjoy those things. So we are practically the opposite of them and we are a minority: About 5% of people have SAD, which means 95% don't. It's also because it's the ignorant way of people to be so quick to write off people when they are different than them. Heck, wars have been fought just because people were different. It never surprises me the insults i hear SAD people being called.

JamesSmith

I get called crazy constantly. I've learned to take it as more of a friendly jab and not as an insult.

Being called crazy because you are shy is always an insult. They are making of fun of your disorder, and that is not a "friendly jab," that's a low blow.

WeirdyMcGee

Being called crazy because you are shy is always an insult. They are making of fun of your disorder, and that is not a "friendly jab," that's a low blow.
No one knows me as a shy person. They might know about my OCD habits, but they call me crazy because I used to be an actress and I was always an 'entertainer' for everyone.

No one seems to realize that I've been and I am now agoraphobic.
So, no-- no one calling me 'crazy' is calling me that to make fun of any of my disorders because they don't know about them.
...just saying.

There's always a reason, not always a good or justified one though..
At middle school, i was repeatedly nicknamed-called "crazy like a f**" (he got that phrase off a tv program) by a boy in my class. I was just shy & quiet, kept to myself, that's all - i never did anything blatantly "crazy". But just between you and me, inside i always felt i was a bit "crazy" (as my neutic thoughts/feelings would hardly ever stop). On the surface i tried not to show any emotion whatsoever, but kids could pick up my un-said stuff. So maybe that boy (who later bullied me) sensed my inner turmoil?. I didn't bother me though, as i hated myself, felt i fully deserved it, and other people teased me as well (such as another nickname "looney").
So, as Forest Gump would say, 'crazy is as crazy does' ;)

Last edited:

bsebring

My boss calls me a crazy psycho everyday I work with him. But he thinks every girl is one lol

miss_amy

Im fighting a whole court case right now trying to defend myself against being called crazy. People are nasty and use the 'crazy' word very easily to get what they want.

ILovePocky

I've been called crazy a lot. Most of the time I don't mind though because being crazy is better than being boring! Lol.
Plus sometimes it does feel like I am going crazy.

I've been called a lot worse on a daily bases. Nasty things generated out of prejudges. So much in fact that I've learned to accept ''crazy'' as a redirected compliment. I know I'm not actually crazy, so it means people see me as ''significantly different''.

Being different isn't an insult the way I see it. ;3
People use ''crazy'' way too quick. And when they do use it, it's used as a simplified way of expressing themselves/thoughts.

You know you're not crazy.

Aye, I've been called crazy quite a number of times but it's only been through my time of being mentally ill when it really hit me badly. I used to have a neighbour who used to sing 'Crazy' by Gnarls Barkley when he met me on the street or when he passed my window. What an ass.

Rose_Red

Crazy is just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to what people call me.

If I'm different from others I'm okay with that, being me is better than being them.
I can accept me and who I am, that's all that ever matters.

eternalnewb

I get called crazy by my family almost daily. It doesn't bother me at all because as I tell them, I am crazy... crazy like a fox!