Enchanted forest

hidwell

I have just come back from a walk in an Enchanted forest, it was so quiet and beautiful. On my excursion I saw an echidna who looked straight at me, they are so cute with their long snouts and the way that they waddle along. The forest was cool and misty, and so quiet I could have heard a pin drop, and then I heard the unforgettable sound of a kangaroo hopping away. The air was thick from the scent of the eucalyptus trees, and little spiders webs wet with moisture from the previous rain they look so pretty. And all this is only 5 minutes from where I live, my little piece of paradise. :)

Faradesti

Wow, this made me feel really bitter-sweet. I used to live near a nice little woody area as a child, and I would go into the forest and explore all the time. I remember finding a tree whose roots made perfect steps! It was so wonderful, and I do miss living near the woods an awful lot. Thank you for putting such a gorgeous picture in my head, though! You really have a way with words!

That sounds so beautiful.
I would love to live close to a place like that, but I have a fear of fire :s
So I would constantly be worrying about a getting caught in a bushfire.

emre43

Here's some more pics:

File:Russell_Falls_2.jpg

File:Lake_Seal_Mt_Field_NP_edit.jpg

File:Horseshoe_Falls_2_Mt_Field_National_Park.jpg

File:Lady_Barron_Falls_Mt_Field_National_Park.jpg

mikebird

Banned
My roots were in the Forest of Dean, UK. For 9 years I lived in an old '70s Best in the West pub. My chums and I went exploring in the trees and saw waterfalls. These memories are so remote, and surprising won't go away. Watched my first movie: Convoy.. Rubber Duck

I had a big handheld CB radio, bought for £15, made by Harvard, needing 12 AA batteries

AsTimeBurns

Some pictures of the woods/countryside that we used to walk the dog around sometimes, before we moved.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 0

coyote

very cool, hidwell

i drove through the forest on the way to work today

the gold morning light filtering through the snow covered trees

Last edited:

Shyangel

That sounds beautiful, Hidwell. Your are lucky to live near something so lovely and peaceful. There's a park I walk all the time not far from where I live. It's a nice little park with many wooded trials by water. I love finding a nice place to rest by the water, or in the grass under a tree. It's great to go out some where to sit and appreciate your surroundings for a while. It helps you to remember you have things to appreciate.

Invisibleman

Those places look so beautiful. I know some really cool places like that,pity I cant take pictures at the moment because of the snow. Well I suppose I could but I would probably die::p: Theres also these woods I know that are sooooooooo pretty, I want to take pictures but I wouldnt dare go in there.

Last edited:

Silatuyok

I have just come back from a walk in an Enchanted forest, it was so quiet and beautiful. On my excursion I saw an echidna who looked straight at me, they are so cute with their long snouts and the way that they waddle along. The forest was cool and misty, and so quiet I could have heard a pin drop, and then I heard the unforgettable sound of a kangaroo hopping away. The air was thick from the scent of the eucalyptus trees, and little spiders webs wet with moisture from the previous rain they look so pretty. And all this is only 5 minutes from where I live, my little piece of paradise. :)

I'm envious. Though I am pretty lucky: I live in the middle of a big city, but our little neighborhood has a plethora of wildlife...deer, coyotes, foxes, all types of waterfowl, beavers...but no echidna. :(