Drivers license?

MrJones

I got mine as soon as I could, when I was 18 years old, just so I could help in case of emergency.
Since there are no emergencies and I don't need to drive, I don't use it. Plus, I live in a quite big city and there are lots of cars and people and kids running here and there.... driving scares me.

ChrystaR

I'm 20 and don't have a license and I am quite scared of driving.

Since the worst of my anxiety hit during my adolecent years, I missed out on the time where normally you integrate learning to drive and getting accustomed to all that it involves.

My dad bought me a car specifically has his own way of trying to get me to move foward and drive..... it didn't work. I've driven around with my dad and gone on the main roads a couple times and I was pretty good. But I haven't practiced in quite awhile, (plus we couldn't afford the insurance for my car anymore and it's really the only vehicle we have that I feel comfortable driving). Now everytime I get in the drivers seat it feels so foreign and I get flustered and don't think straight. I suppose with some consistent practice I could go and get my license pretty easily, but I really don't want to.

It's driving alone that I don't know how I will be able to do. I can do fine when I have someone right next to me to assure me that I am doing everything right, but I can't imagine driving all by myself. Ugh.

And yeah, I look at young teenagers being able to drive and everyone does it so naturally. I hate that I can't.

SM1010

I'm 25 and got my license at 16. I still get anxiety driving though.

My mom is probably the only reason I got my license. She essentially forced me to learn how to drive. She basically told me she wasn't driving my ass everywhere anymore lol.

I appreciate her forcing me though. Even though I still get anxiety driving on highways and such it would suck not being able to drive now.

dancingintherain

actually..I can't trust myself with a car because if I saw anyone who had hurt me in the past, I would run them over.. because I just feel angry to those who had took my confidence.

...muhahaha ::p:

Nanita

I don´t see how I will ever get a drivers license. I´m too scared to attend any type of classes, being in a classroom with PEOPLE... I can´t do that.
I am scared to practice driving with the teacher on the other seat, are u kidding.. I would be too nervous.
And yeah basically I´m scared of driving a car.

Azael

Because of my BDD I never wanted to drive. The thought of being surrounded by mirrors is too much. My AvPD is another factor as well. Though, I would like to get my license for a bike. That's something I'd feel much more comfortable with.

Illusions

I'm really too afraid to give it a shot, because I have a feeling I'll suck at it, end up clumsily screwing up and fail many times. Until I have the cash to take lessons/muster up the courage - if ever - I'll settle with having to take the bus and train, haha.

I don't think I'll be getting it this year,even though there would be a car for me to use.Driving really scares me and I'm not in the right mental state to be having driving lessons either.

Section_31

MY wife has a hard time driving.

Growing up in a small town in the middle of nowheresville, for her, driving with no lane changign, while difficult, could be done.

When she moved to the big city it was VERY overwhelming and nerve wracking for her....she struggles with driving but is willing to keep trying. Considering though that we had to uninsure her card for a whil to save money we dont know when she'll be driving again.

I personally love driving, i find it to be very relaxing and i actually do most of my best thinknig and problem solving while doing so, not sure why but if i have a problem i go for a long drive and back and i can usually sort things out while doing so.

SeasonalBlues

Yeah i'm the same, i don't think i'll ever learn how to drive. I got a moped when i was 16 and passed the test and barely used it, i would shake a ton before i used to get ready to ride on it. I sold it with a 150 miles on the clock at a big loss. Safe to say my parents weren't too happy!

Last edited:

polishgirl

I have just gotten my permit. I get where you are coming from and I know that being watched, feeling the pressure from someone else is hard and can make it difficult to do the simplest things. I have the same thing with driving but I think this is not something I can give up on. Without a car, especially in the US, you can't do much. And so, however terrifying it might be, you have to try. And I will have to, too. Just take nice, deep breaths and try not to pay attention to those watching. I know it's easy to say but I think there is no other way. I am sure you will pass with no problems! :)