dont understand people or facebook

ukmale

Hello there

Just have to apologize for my grammar and punctuation right now that's it the way let's start

I have to say I don't understand people I really don't feels like I am maybe from some alien planet lol so this is what happened .as so many posts on facebook or getting like Twitter narrating your own life with even the bumb blonde moments in life oh I made toast and other so on really useless pointless little mumbles and rants we used to have to ourselfs are beamed cross the globe .and as soon as the popular ones send anything could even just resend what someone else has sent and they get loads of comments and likes but this is what I get from so called friends that I have know and picked up alone the way from school college ect

So I'm on a new diet and just wrote

Hmmm what to do with all this exotic meat crocodile ect think I'm gonna quick fry the pigeon breast with a light salad home made hot furry salad dressing finish off the breath with a touch of lime for that healthy light lunch

And the one and only comment I got back from well 350 friends was 4hours later saying ... **** off .... No lol hehe or anything just a plain **** off I really don't understand some people how at all I really don't people can write anything what's that glowing orange thingy oh that's the sun and its a world wide hit I write that and I get just a **** off well I'm lost really and please don't say its because you are eating crocodile pigeon ect this person doesn't like the idea of it I have had bbqs where we both ate this meat and more so I just don't know I'm lost really ..

Just don't understand people really don't

ImNotMyIllness

Personally, I think facebook is a waste of time and encourages petty and immature behavior. Although, if your using it for a good reason. i.e support groups etc it does have a use.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Pretty sure one rude person isn't representative of people on facebook as a whole. Delete him, obviously. And anyone else you aren't actually friends with. It's much less depressing that way. Remember, you have a choice in who's on your list. 350 sounds like a lot of useless baggage to me.

hot furry salad dressing
Is this a euphemism? :question:

coyote

sarcasm and irony have become increasingly vogue in the last 50 years (read up on the topic of postmodernism)

people delight in posting random, inane tidbits about their life on Facebook precisely because they ARE random, inane tidbits - making a big deal about things that aren't a big deal is a form of Irony

humor is a way for people to bond

it's also a way for people to express themselves indirectly

here's a plate of spaghetti i posted on Facebook once:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 0

OceanMist

Facebook is really a two-faced site.

Half of the site is a "look at me" site (as in look how popular I am with all of my pictures of friends, look how many friends I have and women I know and vacation destinations I have visited, my life is so great and yadadyada).

The other half of the site is just good friend bonding like coyote speaks of.

It's basically a chance for half of the people to be egotisical and the other half to enjoy other humans' company.

I deleted my facebook because I think its unhealthy. ..I cant stand facebook..its so boring and I hate when id text someone say want to meet up and theyd say that they were busy then a few hours later theyd post a picture on facebook of all my friends and them together and its so immature and we are all adults. ..thought when I deleted Facebook a whole new world would open up to me but I suppose my condition makes it hard for me to but I hardly ever get texts back when I text some one...but my friends used to always stay in contact via facebook. ..hmmm

leongrado

For most people, Facebook is just a validation tool. The more likes they get, the better they feel about themselves. That's why I usually like posts that aren't completely pointless and attention seeking.

The only time I post anything is when I feel like something will make other people laugh. And yes it does feel good to get likes. Still, don't feel so hurt if people don't like your status or disagree with you.

Steelsoul

Block or delete anyone who are rude to you, that way you'll feel better. I rarely post anything on facebook because I worried that my post wouldn't have any likes or someone mean will jump in and judging

I deleted my facebook years ago. I got tired of my cell phone going off 100 times a day when somebody eats dinner and then somebody else says some one liner like "great time at the lake" and they'd get 10,000 comments. When somebody would actually post something halfway intelligent nobody would say anything. Meh..... I didn't need the drama and now I'm much happier :giggle:

neardeath

FB drives me nuts, too, so I turned it into "Spacebook" and now astronomers, physicists, schools, observatories, NASA all send me the newest space photos and discoveries! I ignore all the BS and post space photos every day, and I hope my friends are sick of it LOL.
Anyway, I found a way to deal with it.

Odo

Banned
I only have 5 friends on my facebook and I mostly ignore it… if it wasn't for the games! I'm addicted to Papa Pear and Bubble Witch.

I don't understand why anyone would want to participate in these huge public discussions where anyone can click your name and find out all kinds of things about you… that just seems dangerous to me, but I guess younger people don't think that way.

Kavie

My Facebook is filled with people complaining from silly little things to break ups. It's depressing really. But on the positive side, I do get to chat with my friends even when I'm on the other side of the planet. These days I don't even bother reading what other people have to say, Instead I read the 'I f***ing love science' page or 'did you know' page and educate myself. :)