dont like people that much

waine

it just feels like i dont like people that much and then i feel down/bad about it. i think it might be as i dont like myself or just dont have the confidence. as ive noticed that in my own mind im not criticizing people (in fact i always think they might have mental problems etc. so taht might be why they act some way or do something etc. - i sort of let them off etc.) but its hard to do the same for myself

is anyone else like this. it feels as though you dont like people but just generally a thought that keeps popping up, nothing to do with anyone inparticular.

Hoppy

That's me too. I am OK with people in general, but don't really like them.

It took me a long time to figure out it doesn't matter. As long as you like a few people and care about them the rest is optional.

I'm still looking for that few.

totoro

It's not so much that I don't like people altogether but I just prefer to be alone.

In many ways I wish I was more social and liked people more but I lack the social skills to get to know people properly- so essentially I don't really give myself an opportunity to get to like them in the first place. It can be draining dealing with people sometimes.

I do feel down about this because it means that many acquaintances don't progress to friendships. I believe it all links back to my confidence issues and my avoidant personality doesn't help either :(

Griffin

A little bit. There are many times when I'm annoyed at various different things that I notice. Some of these include:

- littering - I just find it infuriating, especially on public transport;

- people who talk loudly and noisy people in general - I find them to be attention seekers and/or full of nothing interesting to say;

- people who talk very quietly - I just find it inconsiderate to make others pay extra attention to your words;

- people who talk too fast and/or too much;

- people who pretend they know what they're on about but actually don't;

- lazy people in work; and

- worst of all, liars - especially in the workplace and especially when they're trying to cover their backside.

These are just some of the things that I make myself tolerate on a day-to-day basis. It's not a hatred of these things, it's just that I wonder why people do it.

I tend to find it hard to understand why people do such things, and it's hard for me to empathise when it's not something that I would do.

OceanMist

There are many times I don't like being around people, but I wouldn't say I don't like people.

jonpeters

ive managed to carve a proficient niche as the odd man out. I been solitary my whole life and have all but lost interest in most ppl. Ppl always came around only if it was to their gain, and I just got used. Even now I only get calls and txts for favors or bad news. Only my mom calls to see if im still alive haha. Seems medication only makes me more comfortable w my disorders.

I look at it like I have a strength. Im not a snivelling atention whore who needs constant validation for my own worth. Lots of ppl are scared of lonely days at home, so they view it as socially unacceptable. Doesnt bother me much. Less hassle.;). also, if its so easy to make a bad impression, but takes significant effort to make a good one, then those ppl arent worth being concerned about. Or even worth any thought or attention, since theyre quick to labrl and assume lol

Last edited:

Feathers

I really LOVE some people!!

And some can really ANNOY me lol!! (Though I usually like them again after I've managed to get over it, or we cleared misunderstanding/s or such...)

Sometimes I have lost faith into human race, there is just soo much STUPIDITY (or 'lack of knowledge') on all levels, in some places!! But then again I may come across really WONDERFUL and SURPRISING people and it may become all worth it again!! :)

Griffin, maybe some of those people just don't know it bothers you, they may have a hearing problem (or earplugs in ears), or may be shy to speak up etc. I found it can help if you gently encourage them to speak louder/quieter/slower (sometimes - sometimes it can be an effort! especially if their hearing may be damaged/different, eg when they're older etc)
Some may have bad habits or haven't been raised proper!!
People may have different levels of energy and different priorities... these can clash sometimes...

I sometimes need to avoid them and recuperate too, lol...

Waine, not sure if I understand what you're saying proper: you don't like (some) people (in some contexts?) because you tend to feel bad when they're around? This can happen, yeah...
Accepting one's own 'imperfection' can sometimes be harder than accepting imperfections of others, for me too... (and sometimes the other way around haha)