does this mean I'm crazy....?

planetweirdo

I can't seem to relate to other people so I have created my own fantasy world and get most of my social interaction from imaginary people that I have created in my mind. I'm not schizophrenic or anything ,but I enjoy my fantasy world more than the real world and spend more of my time in it. I view the real world as depression. I wish that my fantasy world was my real reality. my imaginary friends are my best friends. does this mean I am insane, or crazy?:thinking:

planetweirdo

I also stress about the unpredictability of other people, I guess I'm more comfortable with my fantasy people become I can control them. thinks for letting me know that I'm not the only one with imaginary friends!

DepravedFurball

Put your musings down onto some pages. Not only will you be surprised how much better they work themselves out, but it can be a very therapeutic exercise as well.

jaim38

Welcome to the club! I also created a fantasy world to escape to, with my wild, active imagination. I made it more elaborate with character profiles, inventing new places with their own cultures and customs, sometimes googling clothes for my characters, etc. I recorded almost everything down in a series of docs. Almost everyday, I take 15-20 min to write my stories. It was enjoyable, and I also get to practice my writing skills. I highly recommend putting your fantasies down into digital or paper format.

StonerBella420

Hey I don't think your in lnsane or crazzy at all, I am 22 and have Aspbergers disorder and I have the exact thing that your describing I always feel schzo or like crazzy or mental and I mean we're not, we are just in our own world of thoughts and feelings that we wish could happen and or come true. The real world really is a rough place, and it really is a depression world in my eyes too. Your not alone in this and if you want to talk more in detail or that feel free to add me or message me, I love being their and helping people out and even just listening.

StonerBella420

As for relating with people part, well I can understand certain peoples feelings and that, but if I have never been through what. They been through I kinda have a hard time like knowing how to help so I just try to listen and we'll be their and support them.

S_Spartan

I can't seem to relate to other people so I have created my own fantasy world and get most of my social interaction from imaginary people that I have created in my mind. I'm not schizophrenic or anything ,but I enjoy my fantasy world more than the real world and spend more of my time in it. I view the real world as depression. I wish that my fantasy world was my real reality. my imaginary friends are my best friends. does this mean I am insane, or crazy?:thinking:

Wow! I envy you! I used to be able to do that when I was younger but now I'm super rooted in reality which is a real drag because I also see the real world as depression.

Metal_isthe_Answer

No I dont think this is terribly abnormal for anyone. Ive done this for a long time too.
Whats odd is I now have an English class with someone who looks 90 percent like a person I made up. I refuse to talk to her cause I imagine the conversation will not go anything at all like it does with the fictional person.

planetweirdo

Thanks for your comments, thanks for letting me know that you guys have fantasy worlds too, and that I'm not as strange as I thought :)