Does Size Matter?

Danfalc

Banned
I'm only about 5 foot and a fag end lol :D (5,4) but my gf is about 5,7 .It doesn't bother me at all,I don't ever wish she was shorter or anything.Most of the girls I have dated have been taller than me (it's not hard to be taller than me lol) but some have been my height or a little smaller.

I do think height is more of an issue for guys,mainly out fault because we seem to sometimes associate manliness with size..also I have some girls tell me they prefer tall guys because it makes them feel safe and protected,but I dated a girl who preferred tall guys so they obviously couldnt be that fussed as they dated a short arse like me :D

this_portrait

The only time I remember when height ever really mattered around me was when I was a little kid, and everyone I hung around with was still in the process of growing. For a little while I was the tallest girl in my class, until middle school started. I grew into an average height chick.

VioletTears

I have always been tiny. I'm 5 foot 2 (and 1/2, lol) inches and 102 lbs. Also I'm 28 but people tend to think I'm younger. Sometimes I do think it might have influenced my personality and made me less confident as people automatically think of me as younger and more child-like.

But, that said, I would WAY rather be a woman on the short side of average rather than on the tall side. For one, I think if I were tall I would feel even more self-consious. Also, I feel more feminine being small. To me really tall women look beautiful in magazines but in real life they look less feminine, but that's JMO. I'm sure all men are different. Some like tall, some short, some skinny, some curvy, some blond, some dark, some don't really care. Still, it IS hard not to look at what's stereotyped as beautiful and beat yourself up over the fact that you don't look like that. I sometimes hate how short my legs are too but heals help;)

Halleluja

It matters, but not very much. I'm a short guy ( 5'6) and I'm surrounded by young men and women who are at least half a foot taller than I am. That's the downside of living in the Netherlands, THE place where almost everyone is tall. I'm not very successful in the love department, despite my average looks and better than average personality. I have a friend who's even shorter than I am and he has dated a lot of girls. Some of them were at least 3 inches taller than he was.

AlleyCat

Height doesn't make me find someone less or more attractive. I'm only about 5' 4", I would like to be a little taller, but it doesn't bother me so much now that I'm out of high school and I don't have to worry about being assigned a bottom locker anymore. lol! I've gotten used to having to look up to most people. :) I have an aunt who is only around 5' 1" and her husband is at least 6'. I think they look cute together. They have been happily married for 30+ years.

I have always been tiny. I'm 5 foot 2 (and 1/2, lol) inches and 102 lbs. Also I'm 28 but people tend to think I'm younger. Sometimes I do think it might have influenced my personality and made me less confident as people automatically think of me as younger and more child-like.

But, that said, I would WAY rather be a woman on the short side of average rather than on the tall side. For one, I think if I were tall I would feel even more self-consious. Also, I feel more feminine being small. To me really tall women look beautiful in magazines but in real life they look less feminine, but that's JMO. I'm sure all men are different. Some like tall, some short, some skinny, some curvy, some blond, some dark, some don't really care. Still, it IS hard not to look at what's stereotyped as beautiful and beat yourself up over the fact that you don't look like that. I sometimes hate how short my legs are too but heals help;)

Haha, well you're even taller than I! And I can relate to your statement on being seen by others as more child like.

I never wear heels, I'm to clumsy :rolleyes: But heels do make me more confident when my ankles aren't rolling.

JCS008

I'm about 5'11, so basically average height. It normally doesn't bother me, even though at times I think the perfect height would have been 6'2. As far as what I look for in a woman, height really doesn't matter much to me anyways. There definitely has to be a connection and somewhat of a personality match. And in the past, I've dated and been interested in woman of different heights, so its pretty much irrelevant to me.

gsmax5

I'm tall and I hate it. Moving a bigass body around can be very awkward, seriously. A short person can get out of chairs really easily, and walk without being seen.

krs2snow

Yes, size/height matters. Our first impressions of one another are based on appearance & demeanor & height is one of the factors. One way u know this is by taking it to the extremes. If u meet someone who is incredibly tall or incredibly short, u notice & pass judgment on them, even if u don't mean to. And if u're the incredibly tall or incredibly short person, when u meet someone thats a different height u'll notice & pass judgment on them, too. It goes both ways. But I think it's a little naive to say that height doesn't matter. Height matters in the same way skin color, weight, hygiene, and personality matter. Or in the same way that education, age, occupation, religion, income or type of car matter. In other words, its a point of discrimination. And it matters. What makes the difference tho, is the person's attitude/perception of themselves & how they interact w/the world.

Last edited:

Rheves

I'm 6'3".....I have to say I don't really notice ppls height that much. Unless they are super short and I have to actually look down at them.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Read this, if you haven't already:
Heightism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get a pair with maybe 2-inch chunky heels or wedges. I can't walk in those skinny little stilettos either. ;)

Platforms are back in!

Now you can be tall and stylish...!

:rolleyes:

shauna-sands-in-wild-platform-boots.jpg

LeeAnne

I'm 5'1"

explains half my problems. Though I used to hang out with a group of ladies who were all shorter than me.

I think some people like to be more aggressive with smaller people because they think they aren't as strong enough to fight back.

funnybunny

Im 6ft tall and there are some men who seem to find this intimidating. I dont get asked out alot, am often stared at and people seem to feel its ok to make comments like "hows the weather up there" (like thats oh so funny...not!)

and I cant wear killer high heals either cos basically theres no point, Im already tall enough!

cyberboy82

Since taller people make about 5% more money and live a happier life then it must definitely matter, it’s a scientific fact.