Does playing ''hard to get'' work?

Kamen

It looks like some people are afraid things get manipulative if the conscious mind takes part and there is understanding of the causes and effects... But this does not necessarily imply manipulation!

Don't show all your cards, don't be constantly available and agreeing. There should be little tension for the things to go smoothly, just as in the physical world (and, say, tape recorders :D), but not too much tension!
This is like flames. You can blow all your fuel and make a big short-lived flame or keep it and make a delicate, little flame that will live longer and provide you with light and warmth. Plus, don't you think dim lights tend to be more comforting and suitable for intimacy? ;)

Last edited:

dpr

sadly.. the only reason why it might work is that it makes you look "superior" to her. And that's exactly what some women want because they may feel inferior. or they feel that, that is the supposed "role" of men, to be dominant and superior, whiel the women are inferior and are to be like children, not able to think for themselves?

True... and then you should ask yourself if you would really want a woman who thinks that way in the first place.

jamez

I think the idea is more like this.

Build and have your own life, so that it doesn't matter if you get that girl or guy. You're happy either way. Otherwise you're just playing a game and your insecurities get found out in the end anyways.

RedRibbons

Err.. I like to be treated as if I am liked.. cared.. and loved.. Especially if it's by someone I want to be treated that way by. It's a bit disconcerting when you like someone and they pretend to ignore you?!?!!? It makes me feel insecure...

"yes... it works sometimes. But if you do it toooo much, she'll probably think you just don't want to talk to her and she'll start thinking crazy things like... omg he must think im annoying or boring and thats why he doesnt wanna talk to me. he wants to talk to other people who are more interesting..."

Yep...

recluse

From experience i've been a fool in the past for being to available. There was this girl who i'm guessing was just using me to feel better about herself, so i guess since then i am afraid of appearing too clingy.

Havocan

Girls are human beings too, they don't like being squeezed together because of the guy being clingy, nor do they like being ignored totally^^.