does anyone know of any type of nightshift voluntary work?

knowledgeofself

i've been thinking about the idea of voluntary work for a while and a night shift would be perfect for me since, I don't sleep well, sometimes there are problems where I live at night that i'd rather be away from, I figure that night shift work would be less busy and less contact with people?
does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for types of jobs and work I could look into, I live in the sussex area if that is any help.

mismeek

Night janitor? Security guard? Night stocker at a store? drug dealer? pimp? prostitute? kidney thief?

knowledgeofself

Wildlife volunteer

Daring night-time bridge rescue for stricken swan | Meridian - ITV News

Police Support Volunteer

"Can Volunteers choose when to work? Yes, volunteers can work as many hours as they like during the day, evening or at weekends - at times that best suit their own personal and work commitments."

Join the Police Support Volunteer Programme - Sussex Police

these are useful thanks :)
just wondering how a socially anxious person would be able to deal with a role in the police force? I had a brief read of something earlier and thought that it might be quite social. will read up a bit more.

dottie

night volunteering?
don't know.

night work?
find out where there are warehouses in your area. they usually have night crews.

Sora

You might think it is less work but it's actually more, and a lot harder.

Just got a night job myself but they are now putting me on days because I am not doing all the workload they expect of me (ridiculous amount). Considering how new I am I was doing amazing too lol.

It's certainly better with lack of people on a night but everything is left to you, and there is no one to turn to really. I am speaking from a stacking shelves point of view though.

So back on days, hello ANXIETY rising! but you know what, screw it. Less work during the day, more people to help me and tackle my Anxiety at the same time. It will be better in the long run and I won't ruin my health this way lol

Remus

Staff member
How about....

drac.jpg