Does anyone here have good self esteem and still have SA?

mewdew

It looks like the sole cause of SA is because we think we're ugly, either on the outside or the inside or both..

Perhaps SA is nothing more than a symptom of our flaws.. we weren't accepted growing up because we were ugly in some way, so we grew up really insecure with ourselves because all the evidence of how other people treated us tells us we're ugly.

Anubis

Yea, I'm not sure if SA is necessarily correlated to self-esteem. I like to think of SA as just a "hypnotic" focus on negative outcomes. Anyone who does this (self-esteem or no self-esteem) will naturally trigger fear.

slimjim119

I have good self-esteem most of the time. That hasn't been the problem. Seems like I've conditioned myself to automatically get nervous in social situations or in crowds. I'm trying to change that with more exposure.

mewdew

Oh.. guess I was wrong then..

You guys with high self esteem are really lucky though.. you can only have good self esteem if you're good looking :/.

NothingElseMatters

Oh.. guess I was wrong then..

You guys with high self esteem are really lucky though.. you can only have good self esteem if you're good looking :/.

self esteem comes from the inside mewdew.if you feel suicidal and you r good looking whats the point?
plus i am sure if you look around in life what you said isnt always what happens

fedupoffear88

I've got great self-esteem most of the time. People c me as a very confident, extroverted and cool person. But for some reason i've got a very pessimistic mind, i always tend to find some fault in myself which just makes me nervous. Also, i do think i don't look good enough most of the time and also sometimes i feel i'm not as good as other ppl i know, that's mainly the cause of my SA. I actually developed SA due to the fact taht my parents r very pessimistic and constantly find mistakes in me and that kinda made me do the same...

Satine

I tend to be quite changeable. Sometimes my self esteem is high and sometimes low. Maybe I just have a lot of triggers but am really resilient, I don't know. Regarding thinking I'm good-looking, I think that depends on my hormones, so the time of the month makes a difference. If my period is coming up I tend to think I look really plain and have awful bouffy hair and so on. If my period has finished about a week previously I think I'm cute.

So it really changes a lot.

recluse

I've got very low self esteem. I actually feel worthless, unlovable, unattractive, boring, unintelligent, no charisma, a waste of space::(:

Skatergirl

Banned
I have really low self esteem.. Along with depression
it's hard to feel good about myself.. Even tho people tell me i look really confident on my youtube videos, but i am not at all ::(:
And Recluse, I feel exactly the same as you described.

AlleyCat

I've got very low self esteem. I actually feel worthless, unlovable, unattractive, boring, unintelligent, no charisma, a waste of space::(:

Ditto. My self esteem has always been very low. I'm trying my best to accept myself and love myself more, but I think it is something I will always struggle with. I wish we could all take a step outside of ourselves to get a different perspective. I think we are our own worst critic a lot of the time.

recluse

I should be happy right? There's people in much worse situations than me; People dying of cancer, blind people, people living in war zones yet i still feel so hapless. People always tell me ''well atleast you have your health''...But what about my mental health and wellbeing? Surely being lonely and feeling bad about myself is a good enough reason to feel unhappy?

I dont believe anyone has great self esteem and still has SA. I'd question these people if they say they do. I think they perhaps only think they have SA, when in fact they may just be really shy. SA is a serious problem, someone with moderate/severe SA struggles to leave home, hold a job, go to school, meet people etc.

I see people on here with all this stuff yet claim they have SA. Im just not sure if some people here truly have SA. SA is really serious stuff, not just some shyness/nervousness in social siutations.

slimjim119

I dont believe anyone has great self esteem and still has SA. I'd question these people if they say they do. I think they perhaps only think they have SA, when in fact they may just be really shy. SA is a serious problem, someone with moderate/severe SA struggles to leave home, hold a job, go to school, meet people etc.

I see people on here with all this stuff yet claim they have SA. Im just not sure if some people here truly have SA. SA is really serious stuff, not just some shyness/nervousness in social siutations.

SA affects people in different ways. There are different levels of severity. Not right to judge others. I've been diagnosed by different psychiatrists and SA has affected every aspect of my life. Regardless of how high my self-esteem is.

Seriously, if you have high self esteem and diagnosed SA, you need to get rechecked. Low self esteem and SA go hand in hand. Thats the whole reason you feel the bodily symptoms of anxiety.

I understand people are different, but if you find yourself having high self esteem and feeling anxious still then you may have something else. Doctor diagnoses arent accurate all the time either. Im just saying, look deeper into your problems.

You arent just weird and were chosen to have SA. Its all physiological/psychological mostly.

U

userremoved

I know I too have self-esteem issues, but I think that might be the result of how poorly I've always interacted with people all my life.

NothingElseMatters

I understand people are different, but if you find yourself having high self esteem and feeling anxious still then you may have something else. Doctor diagnoses arent accurate all the time either. Im just saying, look deeper into your problems.

this makes sense!. didn used to have high self esteem in the past and my SA was much more worse.Now i am better.But there are a lots of fears left and they need to be cleared.Probably this explains y some ppl have high self esteem and still have anxiety