Does Anyone have Problems Making Friends?

despite what i'm going to say i still relate to what you said.
In a simple way when i rarely make peace with my self i become interested in life & surroundings so my mind automatically collects information about topics but from the point of view of my Obsessions, so when people talk about something that my mind collected information about, i share the info s that i know then i go to say things, that obsesses me later during the long time that i spend alone due to the things i said.
this is really frustrating me & the things i said makes people disrespect me so even i stay alone & suffer my solitude or interact with people & suffer from self ****yzing, self disrespect, feeling retarded & sometimes hearing insults from people(they just mention me in the third person)
it's always about suffering & solitude

Dreamscape

I certainly do. The thing is my hatred consumed me because i constantly giving people that vibe so they suddenly got distubed. I dont even know whereto start making friends becuase i was away from field for so many years. Even though im phsycally attractive to the opposite gender im empty inside so im scared to initiate any convo with them also.

jaim38

This is probably one of my worst fears. I am actually scared of making friends. I probably have Avpd. The whole process is hard. Making AND keeping friends requires effort and maintenance. Just like any relationship. It's like taking care of a cat or dog. The beginning is easy. You just talk to someone, or wait for someone to talk to you. Afterwards, it gets hard. As soon as you guys exchange phone #s and contact info, you HAVE to make an effort to keep in touch. This is scary especially to a social phobic person like me. I will have to invite my friend(s) to restaurants, shop with them, go to movies, etc. And the problem is, I am scared of going outside, scared of driving (for fear of hitting people), and also I'm unemployed and living off my parents so am very hesitant to ask them for money. So you see, making AND keeping friends is a lot of effort and money involved. I am stuck.

Zackarydoo

I find it almost impossible making friends. If anyone does try to be my friend, they soon give up on me and rarely tell me why. I have no way to make friends in the "real" world so try instead on the Internet, and it's why I use forums like this, in the hope I'll make friends with people. I'd like to find someone as more than a friend too but that feels almost like a joke to think that would ever happen.

The fact I'm a very nice guy and funny and have lots of other good qualities doesn't seem to help. People just don't want to know me.

MBinMN

I also live in a rural area so its tough but when I do get it out its easy for me to "make" the initial friendship but I cannot maintain because I cancel,decline invites often as I feel to anxious to get out. Sucks!

mikebird

Banned
Maybe I don't like the type of people who make friends
who do it on a grand scale... gathering them... dozens... by minute... follow meeee...!

A few crucial people made me a friend, for my advantage.

Solo Dolo

this is the first time i am on this site for a very long time. I came on because I have been recently feeling extremely depressed over this issue (of having no friends). I come to this site, and literally the very first thread to see is this one (coincidence, eh?).

I suppose I should "count my blessings" in that I have a girlfriend and 1 best friend....which is probably more than others can say on this site (or maybe not idk).....but either way...that is all i have. I have a single friend. But at times like this, when I am moving to another apartment and my parents ask me to ask some of my friends if they can help me move rather than paying for expensive movers, i become extremely depressed and realize how lonely i am and the fact that i have no friends to ask for help in the first place (except my 1 friend). It has even been hard for me to tell my parents that I have made 0 friends in my 3 years of college. I finally gave my mother insight to that fact, but that is all.

I am feeling helpless, hopeless, and much like many others have described on this thread. :(

PrincessKitty

I guess I'm not the only one who has problems. But like i said, I try my best but online I'm just uneasy with it XD
But face to face, I'm even worse.
Thanks for advise :3