Does anyone else get kind of selfish with friends?

ShyGuy123

selfish isnt really the right word for it but i mean that wen u are with friends you kind of dont want them to hang out with anyone coz u want them to yourself or is that just me?

xSleepy

haha wow, im exactly the same. with friends, family, bf.... i hate having to compete for someone elses attention. and i dont like sharing :( maybe because its a fear of abandonment. i dont want them to find someone better to hang out with or talk to and then they stop caring about me or something.

SalemEdgerton1

Yeah I totally know the feeling. I always felt like my friends didn't like hanging out with or thought I was boring whenever they weren't able to hang out or didn't talk to me much when we did. I remember really getting pissed off when some other guy who I know (but am not really close with) was having a party and a lot of them wanted to go to that too. Now, I just think of it as cherishing the moments I have with them and realizing that they wouldn't invite me to things or acknowledge me if they didn't enjoy spending time with me.

dottie

yes! and if they don't hang out with me they must be tired of me, hate me, mad at me.

Sloth

Yeah I used to feel a bit hurt when my friends would go off with different people. Then I just stopped caring because I realised I was a useless friend anyway.

user12053

Look at it in an oppesite way: When your friend spends time with you, her/his other friends are on stand by - not you. We can't be together all at once. And when your friend is with another friend, why don't you just spent time with other people meanwhile. (if you have more than one friend... if not, then you have your family)