Do you think your teachers hated you for being so shy?

SadSally

I think my English teacher found me highly annoying. She was always nice to me but she never awarded me any academic awards even though I always got the highest grade in the class.
Seriously, whenever there would be a test I'd always get at least 90%. Nobody else did as well as me in the class. Every year the school handed out awards to the best students in each class and I never won. Five students had to be nominated and the list goes up on the wall for everybody to see. I DIDN'T EVEN GET NOMINATED.
The people who did get nominated were only achieving grades between 40-60%. One of them was a trouble maker who constantly turned up late and argued with the teacher. The other was a complete suck up who spoke to the teacher every day as if they were best friends.
It's not fair.
I finished school last year, so this doesn't matter.
What about you?

Zooman

I think my English teacher found me highly annoying. She was always nice to me but she never awarded me any academic awards even though I always got the highest grade in the class.
Seriously, whenever there would be a test I'd always get at least 90%. Nobody else did as well as me in the class. Every year the school handed out awards to the best students in each class and I never won. Five students had to be nominated and the list goes up on the wall for everybody to see. I DIDN'T EVEN GET NOMINATED.
The people who did get nominated were only achieving grades between 40-60%. One of them was a trouble maker who constantly turned up late and argued with the teacher. The other was a complete suck up who spoke to the teacher every day as if they were best friends.
It's not fair.
I finished school last year, so this doesn't matter.
What about you?
It depends on the teacher.. Back in elementary school and some of middle school i had some rlly nice teachers who seemed to like me.

It depends on the teacher. Most teachers liked me because I was smart. I remember one saying I didn't participate enough (she was boring and so were my classes) and another one saying I was lazy (I wasn't challenged). Some teachers suck up to the cool kids regardless of how much work they do in class. The problem is that teachers are not held accountable for showing favoritism or really for anything else, at least where I live.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

slimjim119

My teachers always liked me. I was quiet but I usually got good grades. I liked to sit in the back of the room. But they always made sure I participated.

One thing I heard all through school was I have to apply myself more. I've been hearing that my whole life.

dannyboy65

My teachers didn't know how to teach me and they got frustrated with me. I wasn't diagnosed with autism till grade 12, when it was too late for the schools to do anything for me, by then it was already too late. But when I went to college I got all the help I could and for once I am succeeding.

VagabondClass

Elementary school is the past. Who cares if your teacher didn't notice you. Let them notice you now. Your future professors and supervisors will notice you if you do a great job. So focus on that, and don't let the past bring you down.

chibiXphantom

teachers liked me. i was quiet and never disruptive, got good grades, never caused trouble.

some were afraid of me though. some were concerned about me. but teachers seemed to like me

theoutsider

There were so many unruly kids at my school that all my teachers seemed to like the fact that I was quiet. I did have one bizarre instance where a teacher asked me to stay a few minutes after class. She then went on to give me a lecture on how drug use could ruin me for life. I wasn't taking any drugs, I guess I just came off to her as spaced out because I was so disconnected from a lot of the other kids. She had a reputation for being kind of weird anyway though.

Zooman

There were so many unruly kids at my school that all my teachers seemed to like the fact that I was quiet. I did have one bizarre instance where a teacher asked me to stay a few minutes after class. She then went on to give me a lecture on how drug use could ruin me for life. I wasn't taking any drugs, I guess I just came off to her as spaced out because I was so disconnected from a lot of the other kids. She had a reputation for being kind of weird anyway though.

Your right, that is pretty weird.

fate12321

I actually once did get an award in algebra. I was the only one who seemed to do well in his class. Most of the students would copy off of me. But I also did sense a bit of "un-comfort" from some of my other teachers. I felt like I creep them out. But I'm no longer there so it doesn't matter to me.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
teachers liked me. i was quiet and never disruptive, got good grades, never caused trouble.

some were afraid of me though. some were concerned about me. but teachers seemed to like me

I was like this as well... Though, I don't think any of my teachers were afraid of me, just concerned by my obviously lack of confidence, given what a good student I was. I'd got a couple of awards for subjects I did surprisingly well in.

My teachers were also perplexed by my awkward shyness, when my mum would tell my teachers what I was like outside of school. So ye could say I was weird.

If anything, my peers were afraid of me due me always standing up for myself when I was picked on. Plus, I'd usually just sitting there, quietly trying not to laughing as the whole class is going mental.

pacman490

English is one of those classes where group participation is key and I know one of my teachers didn't like how I just sat there staring at the wall during discussions about the book or whatever