Do you think you have made progress with your illness in the last year?

Do you think you have made progress with your illness in the last year?

• Total voters

this_portrait

YES.

Over winter break, I made a New Year's resolution to be a bit more extroverted, and surprisingly, I'm living up to it. I'm not a social butterfly or anything, but I'm a helluva lot more talkative than I was last semester. It's amazing what it's been doing to my moods. I rarely ever get extremely pissed off or depressed anymore, and most of the time I'm mellowed out.

Mikefly

Yeah but i don't claim it as an illness anymore it's just how i am and what is "normal" anyway right.

Noca

Banned
I'm going backwards with all my illnesses. The only thing that has improved a bit is my social skills, which are still lacking.

Bix

I'm new to the group and haven't read any of the posts yet. This poll is my first stop here. I have to say I haven't made any progress in quite some time. I'd be heartened to find through this source that someone actually can be cured. Therapy never encouraged me to that end--just to "coping."

lavender

Yeah, I was able to go back to school. I participated in class discussions and even did some tutoring. I didn't get my diploma though, because things got bad again and I stopped going... but actually going was a huge improvement.

Yes absolutely. My latest therapist told me I'm basically doing self-CBT, before I had to stop seeing her, which is encouraging. I've been training myself out of old beliefs and ways of thinking.

Slow, slow going...

Yes... In the very first beginning of my SA problems..
I Couldn't even get out of my room. I didn't eat at the table with my parents, I couldn't get out of the car when I went to a store, I was sooo frightened when I drived around a mall... I couldn't buy anything at a register.
But now...
I eat everyday at the table.. Even when theres a guest/or guests
I'm not afraid to buy myself something at a register.. but i still feel not really comfortable, I prefer avoiding it.. still
I shop alot with my mom... haha, I started to really enjoy shopping
And just look around clothes... Not stand still waiting till someone else picks a shirt for me. In the past i was always freezing.. and couldnt do anything in a store. but now I can do it myself.. ( sounds stupid but. its true) But I can't dance in a store lol ::p:
I can sing on a stage , People really don't expect that from me that's why they are really suprised ::eek:: But you don't wanna know how much it takes to do that..
And I make youtube videos.. I just tell about my SA and sing on videos.
In the past I wouldn't even dare doing that
And yesterday I was at the library, I was getting some books, and i fell. ouch! Girls were laughing about me, and I just put my middle-finger to them!
I would never do that in the past... I'm too shy to do that
But now I just come up for myself

buuuut... I'm still not there.... I'm still dealing with a big issue..
Hopefully times get better..... The sun is shining already.. So he knows what i mean lol ::p:

Last edited:

Elad

Banned
Definatly .. I think just finding out and accepting who I am as a person has been the biggest contributer and realizing life is only going to be as complex and stressful as I make it.

Newtype

No, but if you ask me next year, the answer might be different. I'm gonna try this year to change, but I got lots of things to prove.

Shift

I'm all over the place.... It really just depends on the day. Last weekend was probably the worst I've been in the past couple years, but last night I was feeling a lot better than I have in a long time.

DeadCities

I made steady progress for a long time, now I've kind of plateuaed (sp?). I'm thinking of going back on meds to help me advance.