Do you really find these forums helpful !??

Silvox Black

I have found it assists me greatly in that I am able to find people that I am able to relate to and truly speak to without fear of judgment. This is a place where I can help those who require it and put my experience and knowledge to good use. I am able to do something I've always wished to do.

ou2saved2

I see little to no support and whoever is running this site seems to be M.I.A. on any comunication level, that said, Social anxiety and phobia is a horrible thing to happen to us and we are only being who we are most of the time I sometimes hate myself but then I think and say at least I am alive and phisically healthy, My moods and stability change from day to day and Im becoming more angry at how we are treated sometimes because noone cares enough to
say something kind to us even though we are uncomfortable and that is what we are most of the time and I dislike working so hard to be liked. (the things said are not for everyone nor is social anxiety/ phobia)

ou2saved2

Well someone has answered so I guess we cant say noone is listening anymore.. The only thing I can think of is "generally" people who are social phobic, like I was, are so involved with their our own discomforts and pain that if they did not ignore us they would not be phobic, they would be like normal or something, I am not phobic anymore" phobic is when you S.A. gets so severe you disconnect from people and actually become frightened to the point that you tremble when you speak and then it only makes it worse and you become more scared and then you have extreem anxiety and, as I did, cant talk in public at all" ah but you must speak and that is a horrible thing and you say does it get worse? Yes, If you do nothing else right now make a promise to yourself that you will refuse to let yourself be eaten up into a bubbling pile of flesh and begin to plant your feet down and say THAT'S IT! I WONT FALL ANYMORE! you may as well know that you wont win over your anxiety by fighting it. The cure is to embrace your anxiety! You must tell yourself that anxiety is who you are, you are a nervous type person but that is ok there are many people like this who do fine, you can do anything anyone else can but just that you will be uncomfortable. tell as many people you can that you are social anxious, this does help. dont hide or run just accept it and it will go away!

phil91

Not really. I like reading through some of the threads though, since I can relate to them. And the people here are nice. But it hasn't helped my SA (hasn't made it worse either).

johnny 85

yes when i joined here this forum was extremely helpful. it helped me to better understand what i was goin through and that i was nt going mad. i dont think i wood of done anything about my SA if it was nt for dis forum and the people on here, i was embarrassed to go for help before i found this site but after reading the forum and befriending people on here, it gave me the courage to go do something about it.

eski

if ur feeling ignored when posting.. just take comfort that I read these forums a lot and dont post much so its not that ur being ignored, its just that i dont have a lot to say in return lol

206Raider

I'm going to be honest. Even though I mean the best to others here, I still feel like I get ignored a lot. I must have some negative aura and no personality to show. I try to make thoughtful posts, but maybe they're one sided or meaningless. I'm going to try these forums for a little while longer and try to be as active as I can.

Man I know what you mean, sometimes I put a lot of thought into a post and it gets ignored but that doesn't mean people aren't reading it. I've come to realize I don't think it's like that, it's just that were on an SA site, not everyone is even comfortable responding to a post.

Kat

I'm going to be honest. Even though I mean the best to others here, I still feel like I get ignored a lot. I must have some negative aura and no personality to show. I try to make thoughtful posts, but maybe they're one sided or meaningless. I'm going to try these forums for a little while longer and try to be as active as I can.

Yeah, I have felt that as well I even made a thread earlier in the piece what makes you reply to a thread and stray from another because that can affect someone with sp when that happens but because people have sp that maybe why it’s happening. I’m reluctant to make friends on here because I am not sure if I can maintain it and I think that may make someone with sp feel worse if I befriend them but can’t give them the time of day so I just leave it, I have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment because my schooling hasn’t started yet.

So I am looking for as much advice I can take with me and other people’s personal experiences so I can keep that it mind when I do go back. But from what I have read from your post you give good advice and it’s definitely needed in a place like this. Hope you decide to keep posting because it may not seem like it but it is good to get other perspectives from your own. Yours may not work for everyone but it will for some.

ripewithdecay

It certainly changed my life when I first came to this website and read all the threads that totally resembled what I was going through.

I went through a stage where I wasn't afraid to pm strangers, but rarely anyone responded, or small talk just withered and died. Then I stopped pm ing at all and posting.

I don't know how to talk to people without knowing what their interests are, and sometimes us guys with sp can make it hard to get info out of to get anything rolling, haha.