Do you really find these forums helpful !??

ikbenrifi

hello all,
Since you know this website, has your SA decreased ? does it still the same or it has just became worse !
i would love to hear your opinions
thanks

I do not believe this website can dramatically improve my condition. This is more of a support system, as opposed to actual treatment. With that being said, forming friendships with caring people on here and knowing that I am not alone has certainly made it easier to breathe.

Last edited:

AimeeSP

It hasn't helped, but i no longer feel alone. Which is nice. :) even though its not nice having SA.

Mine has definitely not gotten worse, I'll say that much. ;)

And yes, I find spw very helpful. If you're willing to listen, a lot of people around here are incredibly helpful, insightful and kind. Spw can either give you hope, or enable self pity. You get out of it what you bring to it; an open mind or closed door.

ikbenrifi

I do not believe this website can dramatically improve my condition. This is more of a support system, as opposed to actual treatment. With that being said, forming friendships with caring people on here and knowing that I am not alone has certainly made it easier to breathe.
Thank you Illumination86 for your reply,
i agree with what you said, but the only fact that i see negative and not helping people with SA is complaining, i think it does not help at all to complain trying to find people thinking the same way ! what is the point to find same thinking people ? in the end everyone has to face the real world on his own !

ikbenrifi

It hasn't helped, but i no longer feel alone. Which is nice. :) even though its not nice having SA.
It's true, before knowing this website, i thought i'm the only one on earth who has this disorder ! it's good to know there are others as well, so we feel slightly comfortable.
thank you for your reply

lyricalliaisons

Sites like this definitely don't decrease my SA, but I never expected them to when I joined. I joined because I wanted to be able to relate to people for once, & I definitely can on sites/forums like this. I would never expect a website to make my SA better.

ikbenrifi

Mine has definitely not gotten worse, I'll say that much. ;)

And yes, I find spw very helpful. If you're willing to listen, a lot of people around here are incredibly helpful, insightful and kind. Spw can either give you hope, or enable self pity. You get out of it what you bring to it; an open mind or closed door.
Thank you for your response,
i think people here are great too, they don't hesitate to share their experiences, they give advices in respectful manner..., and that is great :)
i wish all other people be the same :rolleyes:

ikbenrifi

Sites like this definitely don't decrease my SA, but I never expected them to when I joined. I joined because I wanted to be able to relate to people for once, & I definitely can on sites/forums like this. I would never expect a website to make my SA better.
And did that work ? i mean did you relate to people ?
Concerning me ! since i know that website, my SA has increased, i don't know why ? maybe the reason is that i've become thinking of it day and night !

reslo

when i first started posting here, i had been unemployed for over a year and I hadn't had a relationship in 6 years... i now have a boyfriend and a parttime job. i'd say my life is better now than it was a few months ago... but i can't really say it's because of this forum- i think it was because i started reading self-help books on social anxiety, changing my sleep schedule, and i just started to accept that this is my condition... maybe it helps to post on here and try to help others as a distraction from my own problems? idk~i did have one negative experience here, but it's doesn't matter.
the forums are good especially if you feel alone on a holiday or weekend- there will always be others feeling the same.

It made me realize that I had a problem. I didn't think I have SA until I read up on this site and others. I'm surprised I actually managed it this far in life actually, considering all the stuff I put up with.

A_Void_Ant

Well we are all different. Congrats to those of you who have gotten better or stayed the same (if you consider that okay) but I have actually gotten worse since I joined this site. I don't post often, but I sure read a lot. My problems aren't related to this site though. By no means do I blame SPW for my anxiety getting worse. For all I know SPW counteracted my decline somewhat.

It's simply that I've grown smarter through various experiences, especially my work environment. I don't talk much, but I sure do observe a lot and I learn. The smarter I get the more I analyze my situations thus the quicker I deteriorate in anxiety-inducing situations. Sometimes I wish I would just stop analyzing. Why do I have this weird mind? Is it a gift or a curse? It's as though I know what everyone is thinking... I can feel their auras and read their body language like a book. Because I can do this, or at least because I think I can, I assume they can read me too. I assume they know how I feel and because they know how nervous I feel around them it makes them avoid me.

I wish I could explain everything I understand in my head using words but I just can't. I can't... I need to ignore my inner thoughts. I need to stop them from controlling me... from arising my hatred toward society and to the people who are happy and obnoxious in public. The people that I envy. ::eek::

abby_g

for me it's helpful in a way that it assured me that im not the only one in the world with this. and i think i already made a friend here. hehe which is nice. :)

talisman

Not really. It gives me somewhere to visit every evening, but I've not managed to make any friends on SA support sites and that's what I really want at the moment. IMO support = friendship. So for more they're kind of disappointing.

reslo

I think sites like these are great to connect with others with the same problem without hiding oneself, even if only over the internet. It's also great to vent once in a while. However, depending on someone's personality, sometimes these sites can magnify their issues causing them to be more insecure about something, if that makes sense.
For instance, I'm on this site for SA, and ironically, sometimes I feel like no one wants to talk to me or that I'm a "topic killer", lol! And I may feel more depressed, in a way.

i'll post after you ok, so that way you are not the topic ender :) i think that you have to be selective on the threads you chose to read as well. like i know there are a few topics that will make me upset if i read them, so i just chose not to read them. and the more you feel like "oh im gonna sound really weird if i post this" or "no one likes me" the more you're in exactly the right place. and people may not want to talk that much- i've heard some other people on here may have sa as well- could just be a rumor ;)