Do you feel proud after you did it? ( stepping into a social situation....)

When you had the courage to do something, like going to a social situation,
Doing a speech, make a new friend, make a phone call, a school day,
or even perform..

Do you feel proud ??

I almost never feel proud of myself, I tell myself, I won't be proud till the anxiety is totally gone. Then I can feel okay with it. But It's just that I can't feel proud because I still feel some anxiety during social situations. I reallly want to be anxiety free, then I'll be happy, but the word proud for me doesn't excist sometimes.. I think this is because '''self-hate'' ::(: .

how about you guys?

Nope I always regret it later on.

usually with the thought that I made a fool of myself even if that wasn't the case at all.

I always figure out a way to see the negative in everything

cobalt_bluester

i never feel particuarly proud that I've done something, particularly if it was difficult of challenging for me. The reason is that it never gets any easier the next time round, plus I am very poor at giving myself compliments they tend to bounce right off!!! :cool:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
proud for me doesn't excist sometimes.. I think this is because '''self-hate'' ::(: .

how about you guys?
It's more like after I do something like that, I keep reminding myself that I did something, that I faced it. Like I'm using that to yell at the self-hate monster when it inevitably comes calling.

Emily_G

Sometimes I feel proud, sometimes I just feel like crap. Usually I feel proud when I do something social...like talk to people at church or go to a party. Usually I feel like crap after a phone call where I stutter like an idiot and the person on the other end can barely understand me....gah!

Krista

It seems hard sometimes to give yourself the recognition you deserve when you do something because at times you feel there's so much more to accomplish but none the less you should feel proud, you conquered the task at hand and that's still a step towards moving forward :)

As my SA slowly started to improve, little things I couldn't do before were big accomplishments when I could. Calling in appointments on my own, even calling information was hard for me! I tripped over myself with embarrassment but I relish the fact that I can every time I do it now. Though the goals I set for myself have gotten bigger, starting from just being able to answer the phone now to getting the courage to attend all my college seminars on my own in a room full of people I don't know, I give myself a pat on the back. If you're never encouraging yourself to keep going by giving into the praise you DO deserve you'll always feel down.