do you feel like you matter?

Eristelle

I don't matter to anyone in my opinion. Not even my family... I just feel useless to them. Like if I were never born, they'd be even better off.

Meggy0001

If I died today no one would notice I bet x] so nope I don't matter, I contribute nothing to life and therefore I am not needed ::(:

Golden Beam

I think feeling like we don't matter is a perception gained from people not sharing their feelings with us about how we are indeed, important to them. What is unsaid then, is percieved as I am unimportant. We will never know how much we actually matter to many people we are around.

HeadFace

Yeah, I've thought about that a lot. The only reason I matter to my family is because it's the "right" thing.

stevelee24

i feel like im special like i have reason for being here but still do not know what the reason is
at the same time as this i feel completely useless like i dont have care i the world and im not important at all

bcsr

Of course I matter, everyone in this world matters. We all matter to someone, whether we believe it or not.

KiaKaha

Banned
Probably - but that doesnt change the fact that I still feel very lonely and have a painful sense of disatisfaction inside my body.

I desire companionship and friendship, a sense of belonging a place in the world- which I dont seem to be able to attain.

That - makes me feel like I dont matter.

Gaucho

to other people than family members i don't matter. but for my close family i think I'm somehow a parasite, always problems and can't get anything done. I'm 19(nearly 20) and they see me probably as 13. I'm not angry with them about that, because thats how i feel anyways, i just forgot how to live on this planet over the years.

Srijita52

to other people than family members i don't matter. but for my close family i think I'm somehow a parasite, always problems and can't get anything done. I'm 19(nearly 20) and they see me probably as 13. I'm not angry with them about that, because thats how i feel anyways, i just forgot how to live on this planet over the years.
This is exactly me. I'm sorry you feel this way too.
Probably - but that doesnt change the fact that I still feel very lonely and have a painful sense of disatisfaction inside my body.

I desire companionship and friendship, a sense of belonging a place in the world- which I dont seem to be able to attain.

That - makes me feel like I dont matter.
I really don't know what to say Kia. *hugs*

BleedTheFreak

There a few ways to interpret this question, but the first thing I thought when I read it was that I feel like my opinions don't matter because I haven't had enough life experience for my age. It's a pretty big reason why I keep my thoughts to myself.

There a few ways to interpret this question, but the first thing I thought when I read it was that I feel like my opinions don't matter because I haven't had enough life experience for my age. It's a pretty big reason why I keep my thoughts to myself.

YES. I feel the exact same way. Not experienced enough for my opinions on anything to matter, or that my viewpoint might even be laughed at for being so naive- so it seems better to keep quiet.

Srijita52

I feel exactly same.

Srijita52

YES. I feel the exact same way. Not experienced enough for my opinions on anything to matter, or that my viewpoint might even be laughed at for being so naive- so it seems better to keep quiet.
I've been reading your posts for quite a while now. Your opinions are very helpful to everyone here, I appreciate them very much. I'm sure they'll matter in real life too.