Do you ever want to have children?

Do you ever want to have children?

• Total voters

Barnum

I would probably want to have kids if I found the right person to live the rest of my life with. My only criteria then would be that my confidence would allow me to keep from passing my social anxiety on to my children.

In my case, social anxiety was (to some extent) passed down from my father. I want to make sure that my behavior doesn't turn my children into insecure, miserable, suicidal little rejects. I think we all should.

sleepysparrow

VioletTears said:
Awww, thanks, SleepySparrow:) I'm sure that you are, too.

I think that one possitive is that we tend to have this knack for analyzing what people are thinking and feeling, which isn't so good when we use it to fuel our paranoia about what people might think of US, but it can actually be a good thing as a parent. It helps us to be more sensitive and responsive to our children's emotions.

Exactly! I agree completely!

sleepysparrow

celestialrecluse said:
omg VioletTears your son is so cayute!!

i agree whole heartedly with everything sleepysparrow said!
i want to have children someday, obviously when im more emotionally and financially stable, i have two little brothers who are my life at the moment, i look after them like 90% of the time, so in a way i already have two kids.lols!

Aw, how old are your little brothers?

I agree, being financially and emotionally stable is definately important. Our children will love us and respect us as long as we love and respect them.

VioletTears

Thanks, Celestial:) I think he's pretty darn cute myself:) Hopefully when you are ready things will be in place. I actually got hit with baby fever when I was in my last year of college, unemployed and not yet married, lol! I guess it was about 2 1/2 or 3 years later that we started trying for a baby, but it felt like so much longer! I also wanted to be financially stable/secure and at a less stressful period in my life before starting a family.

IBM

I want to have a baby. If i had a baby i could hug, kiss, play and give all the love of the world.

Coper

ljwwriter said:
I definitely want to have children someday, but I just can't see it happening. I don't think anything will quite change your life like having a child, for better or for worse. But it seems like so many of us with social anxiety will never have that big of a change in our lives.

Yeah, here I am worrying about having a kid, when I should consider myself lucky if I ever even have the opportunity to impregnate a woman. :(

Volaju

No, NEVER. Life has it good things and bad but ultimately it is doomed to fail. Some (like us) have a shitty life, and suffer more then others and wished they were never born..well there is always a possibility my child would feel the same and i rather not put him/her through pointless suffering, only to have a crappy life ending it with death.

I'm def anti-life, and i seriously think mankind was a horrible mistake..primates who got too smart and now we suffer greatly and bring suffering unto others (animals,earth,...).

So yeah, only to find a partner who doesn't want children is great..but it's pretty hard, many are brainwashed by Society into thinking this will bring them happiness...hardly.

SocialButterSlip

Coper said:
ljwwriter said:
I definitely want to have children someday, but I just can't see it happening. I don't think anything will quite change your life like having a child, for better or for worse. But it seems like so many of us with social anxiety will never have that big of a change in our lives.

Yeah, here I am worrying about having a kid, when I should consider myself lucky if I ever even have the opportunity to impregnate a woman. :(

me to dude :(

SocialButterSlip

Volaju said:
No, NEVER. Life has it good things and bad but ultimately it is doomed to fail. Some (like us) have a shitty life, and suffer more then others and wished they were never born..well there is always a possibility my child would feel the same and i rather not put him/her through pointless suffering, only to have a crappy life ending it with death.

I'm def anti-life, and i seriously think mankind was a horrible mistake..primates who got too smart and now we suffer greatly and bring suffering unto others (animals,earth,...).

So yeah, only to find a partner who doesn't want children is great..but it's pretty hard, many are brainwashed by Society into thinking this will bring them happiness...hardly.

you should rule the world hail Volaju!

PhantomPod

Yes, I would love to have children some day. If only I could first find someone to have those children with...

I LOVE children, and for a long time I always kind of assumed I'd have some of my own. My parents would always talk about how they can't wait to have grandchildren, and say things like "when you have children of your own..." I kind of came under the assumption that giving birth was some kind of necessary legitimization of your adulthood and your marriage/life partnership. And of course the idea of making a cute little baby that looks like you is ridiculously appealing to my feminine biology...
But then again:
1. I can't imagine a time in my life when I would be mature, responsible, and emotionally healthy enough to raise a child,
2. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if my kid inherited my psychological issues. I'm not just talking about genes...I mean seriously, I do NOT need to be inadvertently teaching a child my thought processes.
3. I've never felt life was enjoyable, what gives me the right to make someone else suffer through it?
4. I like my body the way it is. I don't want to stretch it all out.
5. Baby in my vag?! OWIE.
But the biggest reason of all:
There are WAY too many people on the planet as it is, and WAY WAY WAY too many hopeless and impoverished orphans. I'm sure I could love a child who didn't share my genes every bit as much as one who does, and those are the ones that need me more. So if I did ever get over holdups 1 and 2, adoption would definitely be the way I'd go.

no, i dont want children. the world is already over populated...and why would would i bring more innocent children to this screwed up world in which we live in? it's not fair to them :(

LittleMissScareAll

flutterbug said:
LittleMissScareAll said:
already got one on the way...
Congrats! How do you feel?
Thanks...and well, not as excited as most pregnant women probably are(I felt the way alot of people here have mentioned about having children--I used to say I would never have kids cause I don't wanna bring someone into this awful world and have them possibly wind up to have the same problems I do when they're older)...and what makes it even worse & makes me less excited is that I'm about to be divorced after being married to an abuser-- the baby's dad. 8O But what can I do....It's not the baby's fault. I'll love it and try to be the best mom I can be.

sleepysparrow said:
LittleMissScareAll said:
already got one on the way...

Congrats!! When are you due?
Thanks...and the first of December.

celestialrecluse said:
My brothers are 3 and 6!

and congratulations LittleMissScareAll!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Generical

Deffo but i think i'm just being naive

i mean the whole being a good father thing is pretty....terrifying

Danfalc

Banned
Id love to have kids,specialy for my gf to see her as a mum... shes so maternal and would make such a top mum... im probaly biased but shes just great round kids it comes really natural.Id love to be a Dad too,id feel like i could make up for alot of my lifes fuck ups if i could hopefully give my kids a better childhood and start in life than i did.Its all ive wanted tbh a fammily one day.I do worry tho that cos i had a shitty childhood ill maybe pass that down somehow... i mean my Dad use to think just because he didnt hit us all the time like his old man used to do he was giving us a better childhood :roll: I hope its possible to break that circle

And plus as a guy i dont have to worry about putting the wieght on... or having to pop the lil buggers out :lol: So its all good.And lol nice to see ya back around lilmiss,and congratulations on the news!Im sorry its not under the best circumstances for you but i really think when you have and love this baby you will be alot more content ya know... having him/her to look after might really give new meaning to ya life :) Im sure your gonna make a great mum.