Do you cry when you get a panic attack?

My eyes start to... you know when you get wind blown into your eyes quite hard, and they dry up and you sort of.... eh, i can't explain, but if you now what I mean, my eyes get like that, and if the panic attack carries on, they start to water. I usually chicken out of any situation, so I haven't fully cried yet, but I think I would if I carried on doing what caused the previously mentioned symptoms

I used to. I used to cry from frustration,too. I was just a little kid though.
I was never taught by my parents how to handle a stressful situation appropriately.So...yeah. I used to cry and panic.

What worked for me was breathing evenly, (I used to get hysterical too) and rationalise what the worst outcome could possibly be. After I rationalised the situation, I would be calmer.

MoniqueNS

Banned
Yes I always cry. I don't swear or excessively blush, I just cry. I think it will make any future boyfriend really uncomfortable haha.

Amelie08

yep i cry.. And sometimes when even a tiny thing isnt alright, it pisses me off easily and makes me cry, at that time i just feel i need to cry.maybe the reason of crying is silly , but i cant help it..

Invisibleman

I dont like full on cry but my eyes water and a few tears stream down.Although I had one in public the other day and if I had stayed any longer I would have started crying like crazy::eek::

PhantomPod

I usually do cry. And if I don't full on cry, my throat with get all closed up like with the feeling that I'm about to burst into tears.

Quiet Angel

Yeah, because I'm often scared of dying from a heart attack.
Every time, I try to tell myself that it's just a panic attack... >.>;

I think it's a pretty normal thing to want to cry after having a panic attack. I get my self so worked up that I can't breathe and I all I want to do is run as far as I can before I pass out... but eventually I break down and cry and it usually make things better. It's like the big ball of ick that was building up in my stomach just goes away and then I feel sedated and I can sleep.

cowboyup

Yes, I do cry when I get a panic attack. I have never been able to understand why either - maybe fear? I don't know. But yes, I do and You are not alone!

Remus

Staff member
I had them years ago, I didn't cry, often ended up vomiting in terror though. Thank god I got over them!