Do you buy in bulk?

Kinetik

Man, I hate going to the grocery store. Every time I go, I buy food in such huge quantities just for the sake of stocking up, in order to not have to brave the place again for weeks. I end up stumbling out of there carrying way more than I should and by the time I get it all home, my arms feel like they're going to fall off. I must look like a walking aid-station. Like seriously, I'm sure people think that I'm donating it all to starving African kids or the local homeless shelter, when instead I'm just hoarding food so that I don't have to face the world again for as long as possible. It makes me feel pretty retarded.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Noca

Banned
I dont leave the home either for long periods at a time but i dont buy bulk so i usually just starve myself.

blue-roses

I do as much as I can; unfortunately most of the stuff I buy spoils quickly so I have to do regular trips :S I think I've mentioned this in another thread, but the thought of going into a shop every week and being a "regular" freaks me out, so I make sure I get served by someone different every time; at least, not the same person every week. There's one girl at the supermarket I go to that seems to be there EVERY time I go in, no matter what time of day or day of the week. I try and avoid her when I can!

"Walking aid station" is a good description, lol.

Kinetik

For a while I thought about doing the home delivery thing, where they bring the groceries to your door, but that may well prove to be even more awkward. I also tend to think it's only really for geriatrics recovering from double-hip surgery. It would probably be weird to have someone come by to drop off the food and have this tall, healthy 25 year old guy open the door.

FOR REAL

Banned
Man, I hate going to the grocery store. Every time I go, I buy food in such huge quantities just for the sake of stocking up, in order to not have to brave the place again for weeks. I end up stumbling out of there carrying way more than I should and by the time I get it all home, my arms feel like they're going to fall off. I must look like a walking aid-station. Like seriously, I'm sure people think that I'm donating it all to starving African kids or the local homeless shelter, when instead I'm just hoarding food so that I don't have to face the world again for as long as possible. It makes me feel pretty retarded.

Anyone else?

fk aye! when i did outdoor shopping i would buy that much that i couldnt carry too, so one time i stopped off at a charity shop and left a few bags of the stuff there which i was going to pick up later! the woman was baffled "what do you mean your leaving it here?" the sweat was running down me, i felt as wet as a used tampon. i picked the stuff up later though and put 50pence in the charity box.
i just shop online these days. 3 bottles of red wine for a tenner! ye canny beat that really

Last edited:

FOR REAL

Banned
For a while I thought about doing the home delivery thing, where they bring the groceries to your door, but that may well prove to be even more awkward. I also tend to think it's only really for geriatrics recovering from double-hip surgery. It would probably be weird to have someone come by to drop off the food and have this tall, healthy 25 year old guy open the door.

hahaha i couldnt care! its great:D

reslo

I try not to buy more than i have to because I hate it when the cashier's ask me if i need help~ Sometimes though, if I've made to the store, and have already bought my things, but i forgot to pick up something- i won't go back in- sometimes i'll drive 10 minutes to another store, so the same cashier won't have to see me again or i'll just go home. For me, the anxiety builds the longer I'm there so I really need to get in, and get out... there's times that if the store is too busy or if i feel people are staring at me, i will just leave without gettting the things i came to get. and i have anxiety in the parking lot, so i want to be able to get into my car as quickly as possible...

maybe you could get stuff mailed instead? like non-perishables?
*leaves noca a bag of groceries*

Emma

Only when things are on special, then I'll buy a whole lot, I got a huge bag of toys for my dog on sale yesterday, she's ripped them all to shreds:mad::rolleyes::confused::eek:

I think I would have been alot more upset if I'd paid more for them.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
No, I'm constantly hungry and I'd end up eating a week's supply of food in just a couple of days if I did.

If not for that though, I definitely would.

sabbath

Banned
It's hurricane season here so we stock up on water and non perishables. We usually leave Costco with a car full of groceries, paper plates, paper cups, plastic utensils, etc. Then when we get home I use the hand truck to lug it all inside. Costco products are better than most brands and usually last a long time. Plus they have great furniture at cheap prices and two year warranties on computers / electronics (also a 90 day return policy). We can't buy everything in bulk because some things will go bad before we can use it all.

www.costco.com

Last edited:

BlackKids

Your thinking about it too much. He'll properly think your just too busy with your own life to go shopping. Getting your shopping delivered is a good idea but doing it to avoid the anxiety of going to the store isnt.

dooby-duck

If I had to shop myself I definitely would. Supermarkets are my idea of hell most of the time. They are usually full of people moving slowly without purpose. I like to be in and out as fast as possible in any shop. Luckily my parents do the shopping so I haven't been in a supermarket in over ten years. I would use home delivery as over here anyone seems to use it no matter what their age.

PennyLane

I dont have a problem with shopping in fact I buy little and often. But then I don't have problem with public places at all as long as I don't have to interact. I see shopping as a way of getting out of the house for a bit of a walk and taking up some time on days when theres no uni.

FOR REAL

Banned
If I had to shop myself I definitely would. Supermarkets are my idea of hell most of the time. They are usually full of people moving slowly without purpose. I like to be in and out as fast as possible in any shop. Luckily my parents do the shopping so I haven't been in a supermarket in over ten years. I would use home delivery as over here anyone seems to use it no matter what their age.

"people moving slowly without purpose" aye exactly, i couldnt agree more, that lot get right on ma fkn nerves!
its like they stop as soon as they get in the fkn door of the supermarket!
i wish they would fk off out my road! oops i meant "go away politely"!

i love love your avator mate :D

Kinetik

It wouldn't even be so bad if old ladies didn't constantly ask me to grab things off the top shelves for them. The other thing is that I can't cook to save my life, so I feel like a real dork going to the checkout with my mountain of microwaveable food. That's definitely a "find-a-cashier-I-haven't-seen-recently" moment. :D