Do you believe you will ever be cured from this madness?

Do you think your social phobia will ever get cured?

• Total voters

EscapeArtist

lol! Your username is hilarious.

I don't believe I will be cured, I believe I will have to fight to cure myself

Nintendo

I don't even know. I mean, I'm definitely going to be the one to cure myself. It's something that I really want, but I'll have to work my ass off to get there (assuming there is a there).

yeah well by getting cured i mean by any means you feel like taking obviously nobody's going to get up one day and be all social and outgoing. "You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one."
-Henry David Thoreau
:)

i'm sorry you feel that way phocas i used to think the same way sometimes but eventually i cured myself, unfortunately now i'm back :p

Last edited:
i'm sorry you feel that way phocas i used to think the same way sometimes but eventually i cured myself, unfortunately now i'm back :p

What I mean is that its possible to live a good, normal, successful life - the anxiety can diminish heaps, but will always be there in the background :)

Edit: I think I'm taking 'cured' as meaning completely gone :b

Snowdrop

Despair - never so no :( never lose hope

I always change my mind about this, when I'm very depressed, I'll think no there's no point in trying but when I'm normal and anxious, I'll have that flicker of hope, I'm going to keep trying.

DespairSoul

Despair - never so no :( never lose hope

I always change my mind about this, when I'm very depressed, I'll think no there's no point in trying but when I'm normal and anxious, I'll have that flicker of hope, I'm going to keep trying.

I lost it because i dont see sense of live like this. I tend have more Avpd and this is severe as SA. I dont try say im worse on this as anyone here i just dont believe in my cure. I know hopes die last but maybe i dont want to hope?Because i want be healthy or i dont want to nothing just no something between.

Snowdrop

I lost it because i dont see sense of live like this. I tend have more Avpd and this is severe as SA. I dont try say im worse on this as anyone here i just dont believe in my cure. I know hopes die last but maybe i dont want to hope?Because i want be healthy or i dont want to nothing just no something between.

I know everyone has their own problems, I don't know what to say to make you feel better, I know it's difficult to think of anything anyway when you're depressed, from my own experience. But if it's worth anything, I'm amazed how bright and warm you are on this site despite suffering from depression/Avpd. I can tell you are a lovely person, it might seem dark now but I hope you'll see one day you don't deserve this.

OneLove

I know that things can get better for people. I think the road to your happiness lies within you and that everyone has a different path in life."people say i was going the wrong way in life, but really, i was just going a way of my own" Certain techniques work for some people and not others. I got better over time and I refer to my past as my "Crazy Days" because compared to now, I'm doing much better. And I have hope that in the future that, yes, I will be able to look back at even these times, shake my head and say, "Wow-what was I thinking?" and be happy that I've gotten out of that darkness and into more light.believe in yourself. Believing in what feels good and what feels right for you. What makes you happy? what makes you less stressed? self talking to yourself? Practice relaxing? Watch a Funny Movie? Write a poem. Surround yourself in all things that are good-being mindful that your activities aren't harmful to anyone- because when you feel good-it's like that wonderful breath of fresh air.. and when you feel yourself moping and getting sad-try to catch yourself and talk yourself out of it. Keep busy. But eventually you may get exhausted from all the self talk, so yes, sometimes when your sad and feel like being moopppy and whinny--do it.. let yourself feel your emotions--because negative feelings are normal, we people just use them diffefrently and excessively and in a different context than some others.. but let yourself know that these negative feelings are temporary. that you won't always feel this way forever-because moods constantly change.

As long as you keep trying.. As you keep wanting help..as long as you keep getting back up when your down-and I know it's hard--believe me we're all in this together--but when you come around from being in that dark place for so long--feels good doesn't it?.... so as long as you eventually climb back out of the cave and keep going---you're going to learn and your going to grow and things will get better for you. Just remember to tell yourself deep down inside your negative emotions are temporary-- even if on the surface you want to give up and you don't believe your own words- just say it. Force yourself. Tell yourself that you won't give up on you...you won't!..and even if you fail that one time or twice-don't beat yourself up over it, because then your being unproductive. It's Okay to get a little mad at yourself, but only in a good way.. Give yourself a reality check. Tell yourself to smarten up and get out there. Life isn't going to wait for you and your not getting any younger. you deserve to be happy like everyone else!!

And when you are down don't tell yourself that your sick of fighting either. Why fight? Why do we always call it "fighting"? Fighting is such a negative term and it makes life not worth living. I don't want to sit here knowing I have to "fight" my whole life. How stressful. I hate fighting. The most fighting I like is on UFC and that's enough for me. and if someone tells me I am, then I'm going to imagine myself as a video game character or as a Dungeon's and Dragon's, human fighter, with lots of experience and one day I'm going to beat that game, no matter how many game overs I get..
but no.. No. let's not say fighting..Let's say we're Engaging.. Engaging in our lives.

And therapy, in whatever way, shape or form whether it be self help or in group meetings--therapy is research. Searching for knowledge to help ourselves understand our thoughts, this world, and how we fit into it all. It's engaging in opportunities to broaden our minds to knowledge and wisdom that will make sense, help us to understand which in turn eases our minds, and makes us feel good about ourselves. therapy is like a recipe book for the mind.

one of the most wonderful feelings is that moment when your mind clicks and you say to yourself "WOW, I GET IT. It makes sense" When your eyes "open" and you get that sense of understanding and accomplishment. Aim for those!!

and train your mind to say that your issues are opportunities. and don't use the words, "I can't" if you feel you must say something then I suggest saying "I'm having a hard time with.." because you can. your brain just lies to you and tells you it can't. Tell your brain who is boss. YOU!

We're all very strong people. Look at the **** we have to deal with.. in the outside world and in our own. We're good people,and we're strong!! We're going to grow and learn and get better every day and every year. you'd better believe it.:D

Last edited:

DespairSoul

I know everyone has their own problems, I don't know what to say to make you feel better, I know it's difficult to think of anything anyway when you're depressed, from my own experience. But if it's worth anything, I'm amazed how bright and warm you are on this site despite suffering from depression/Avpd. I can tell you are a lovely person, it might seem dark now but I hope you'll see one day you don't deserve this.

Hun im not only one who is bright and warm, and anyway guys are here depressed look around. I amazed also how many awesome people is here they are like sunset on the sky what bright and anyway they hide in front of world because they feel trapped in own emotions also i do i feel trapped like small bird what have broken wings *what was flying high,but one time he broke wings and he cant anymore enjoy flying*. Isnt seems dark now is seems to much long dark. If i should find my hapiness if i will be very old how bright future hun. I know im annoying with dark moods and dark thoughts. Dont worry be happy ou yeah if i could i will be.

I don't think ''cure'' is the right way to put it. Cures in general do what they do automatically after you've used them. It's more of a change within that takes monumental effort. Can it go away, however? Yes. Yes it can. :3

If I keep my course, I'll lead a relatively normal life. Whether I'll get rid of all the madness, I'm not sure. I'm not even sure whether I want to get rid of all of it. There are parts of ''the madness'' that I like.

Blaze

I believe that when I am at work, I am getting better at dealing with people. I am a little more open than I used to be, and can actually have brief conversations with people. Beyond that, I don't have anything going for me. I am unsure of my ability to actually have a private life besides sitting around in my house. I can only hope.

Hastings & Main

I'm already on my way because of this site.
And probably a little help from 3x St. John's Wort a day, & astragalus to boost the immune system.

I used to get depressed and fall into the pit, but while flipping the razor around in my fingers searching for a reason to go for it, I always eventually came back to what my parents went through to have me. My mother was hemorrhaging so badly the doc went into the waiting room and asked dad which one of us he wanted to save. I was born in a pretty big pool of blood.
I decided I could never do that to them, even after they pass on.
Other reasons, too, but I'll cut it short.

Always a reason to live, always a reason to hope to get better. If you get tired of thinking of one, take a nap and try again later.

Danfalc

Banned
I'm not sure if I will be cured as such. Everyone experience's some degree of anxiety and I think it's part of my personality to be shy.

I have made so much progress In these past few months, so I really believe if I put the work In I will get to a stage where it does not run my life anymore.