Do you believe that some people isn't meant to be in a relationship?

RaphialLee

I'm starting to believe that in myself. I am starting to believe that movies hipnotise people and me lol, causing them to think that you need to be in a relationship. My relationships status end up bad. It always ends up like; I want this or I did that. the we in a relationship transform into I or it may have not been there to begin with. Not mistaking this theory to selfishness. I think of people and help out them out all of the time, for example, opening doors, helping someone who fell and even taking my time I wanted to do and replacing it to help someone paint there house. The confusion come when you invite someone in your life to be combine as one. thats is what a relationship in. I know the rule of too much time spent but in my case I need allot of space. one thing I notice about myself is that being alone is a need. I can go do thing with people like bar chat, church class, charity. Must of those event I mention involves talking. when that happens I constenly think about being by myself. Is that a fault?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I believe there's someone for everyone, but I don't believe everyone is obligated to be in a relationship. If you choose to be single because reasons, that's fine.

FallenFeathers

I'm not big into about talking in absolutes. Sweeping statements can sound really good and catchy, but everyone is unique and so is their situation really :)

Then you have the fact relationships can be so complex in some ways even when you don't have the issues we do. Sometimes you get lucky and meet that right person and things seem to fall into place without you even having to try. Other times it seems you have to jump through hoops or juggle a lot of issues to maintain them.

But I don't think needing your own space is a fault, and if you mean you worry about ending up alone worries you also? I don't think that's a fault either. I'd say it's quite normal. I think you can be perfectly happy on your own and content, I know after some relationships I have had it was a blessing to go back to being single. But I think most people however content they honestly might be alone, would not mind the thought of being with someone who gets them and whom we can share life with.

And I think it's possible for most people to find that someone, as long as we don't fall into the habit of repeating cycles of behavior which just leads to destructive relationships. Sadly I have a friend who is like that, the main thing which makes him depressed is the fact he yearns so much to be in a relationship and be accepted, yet he will not change his rather cynical view of women and how bitter he acts towards them, then acts suprised and hurt when he manages to push away the few who do give him a chance or try and get close to him. I also see people without our problems do similar things lol. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Despite what ever problems you feel you might have Raph, you seem like a smart guy who is self aware and reflective, so based on that I would not rule anything out or decide that relationships are not meant for you :)

chris11

No idea. I've never been in a relationship, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

The Lost

Nobody is destined to stay single. That's rubbish. It's just a case of finding someone that best suits your needs, and vice-versa.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I am starting to believe that movies hipnotise people and me lol, causing them to think that you need to be in a relationship.
Read number 5 of this. Movies make us believe we're "owed" a woman in our lives simply for living it.

To answer your question, by sheer weight of numbers, not everyone will get into a relationship. I also believe some people are better off alone. So I reckon some people aren't meant to be in a relationship at all.

coyote

not to mention that "being in a relationship" doesn't necessarily mean you'll be in that relationship forever

or perhaps that's the problem you are finding - that the relationships you have had are unsatisfactory

that doesn't mean the next one will be

hopefully, we learn something from the relationships that fail - so that we can do better the next time

jaim38

Some people suffer from multiple failed relationships and end up single, and there are others who go their whole lives without finding anyone. It's all ok. You shouldn't try to find self-validation in others. First and foremost, get to know yourself and God a little better. Learn to love yourself and God. Afterwards, I believe everything else will fall into place.

AGR

Read number 5 of this. Movies make us believe we're "owed" a woman in our lives simply for living it.
Maybe its not movies its just how most animals are they have the desire to find a mate,if they didnt we couldnt reproduce and most species wouldnt be here.