Do you agree??

MikeyC

Jenna Marbles is awesome.

Yes, I do agree. I have never had that phrase explained in such depth before but I agree with what she's saying. Girls date compatible boys, whether or not they're nice, and the reason she broke up with you may have absolutely nothing to do with niceness.

Also, I want to marry this girl. She is hilarious. :D I wonder if she likes metalhead mental freaks...from Australia. ::p:

EitherOr

Yes, I do agree. I have never had that phrase explained in such depth before but I agree with what she's saying. Girls date compatible boys, whether or not they're nice, and the reason she broke up with you may have absolutely nothing to do with niceness.

Also, I want to marry this girl. She is hilarious. :D I wonder if she likes metalhead mental freaks...from Australia. ::p:

The accent might put you over the top. I think you've got a legitimate shot.

I definitely agree. And it's what many people have said on here too (albeit in a gentler tone). It's never black and white when it comes to relationships. There's as much potential as there are people on this planet, you just have to scoop one out. One of many.

Oh, she'll love you. Who wouldn't like a Australian metalhead that is also a animated doctor?

MarionBerry

Ohmygosh this girl is great!

I think this is a great explanation of the victim mentality that some guys adopt to cope with rejection, whether perceived or real. And I wish they would effing get over it.

cowboyup

I have such a girl crush on Jenna M.

:D

Do I agree? actually yup. Sorry I can't contribute more to this thread but my brain is about to explode cuz the off button is broke on mine.

KiaKaha

Banned
Do I agree?

No I dont. She makes some good points yes, but she also leaves out other points of view to justify and prove her own point. There are a few strawman examples in what she is saying, simply set up once again to disprove that 'nice guys finish last'

We all know that there has to be compatibility and common group - some guys are idiots in this regard. I do find it interesting about the concept of people who associate with people that they deem 'equal' but that is just human nature (which I think is rather sad part of the human condition) and which permeates all kinds of relationship - not just dating.

Do nice guys finish last? Sure they do....sometimes. Are girls honest with themselves? No some of them aren't.

At the risk of being ostracized as a woman hating, having a victim mentality, cant handle rejection, rabid misogynist - I will tell you why... when I am not pressed for time.

dottie

to;dw (too obnoxious; didn't watch)

my thoughts: yes, nice guys finish last. there are studies that indicate most bosses and people in position of high power are sociopaths. wish i could find the article again. this is a dog eat dog world.

this is not to say be a total jerk. but the art is knowing WHEN to be a jerk.

MikeyC

my thoughts: yes, nice guys finish last. there are studies that indicate most bosses and people in position of high power are sociopaths. wish i could find the article again. this is a dog eat dog world.
I think this video was more about the dating world, but I have heard of that study, too. Seeing as I'm not going to eat other dogs, I am at a constant disadvantage!

MikeyC

If you're too much of a nice guy you will often be taken advantage of, and you also probably won't get the attention of most of the women you are interested in. Sad, but true. It doesn't take a genius to realize this but many seem to be in denial about it.

Also, many guys who have a hard time with women become bitter with women and blame it on them.
I don't have much of a backbone personally, which is something I'm trying to work on, so yes, I've had my fair share of people walking over me. However, I've also had many opportunities with women in the past, and I even got a girlfriend last year. Now, that ended badly, but that was my fault. For someone who's had lots of chances of sex, and blown them all, means that the fault lies with me, and not women.

to;dw (too obnoxious; didn't watch)

this is not to say be a total jerk. but the art is knowing WHEN to be a jerk.

Partially true, you have to be quite dominant and firm to be at the top, or otherwise powerful or influential. But, it's about the common person finishing last. Meaning no profit from being a nice person all together. Just because someone is nice doesn't me he or she is a timid doormat. One can be nice AND assertive.

One can be nice AND assertive.

Absolutely. I don't think being an all-out jerk is a good idea by any means. But not taking crap from people - in other words, not being afraid of offending - is important.

Well, obviously.

Am I saying anything of substance? :rolleyes:

*quietly leaves thread*

A good combination and one I'll probably spend the rest of my life trying to aim for.

*tiptoes back into thread*

I think it will be the same for me. I'm not a man so it has different implications for me, but it's still important and being a doormat or "too nice" is not good for a woman either. I know the feeling of being taken advantage of because of my "niceness" all too well.

MikeyC

*tiptoes back into thread*

I think it will be the same for me. I'm not a man so it has different implications for me, but it's still important and being a doormat or "too nice" is not good for a woman either. I know the feeling of being taken advantage of because of my "niceness" all too well.
Different implications, sure, but the outcome is still the same: you don't want to be walked all over and taken advantage of because you're too nice/timid to stand up for yourself.

I would love to go back in time and be able to stand up for myself back in school. I believe that's where all this began.