Do i have an std!

3times

Is what I can't seem to stop asking (eventhough I'm not sexually active). If someone talks about an illness ill think I have it. Like my friend was talking aboust STDs todays and I started to research and think omg do I have this or that. I can look at cancer stuff or anything and think if I have it. How dumb cuz I dnt have it but idk my mind is a mess at times so my question is does anyone think they have something or go to the doctor to make sure when u know you don't?

FOR REAL

Banned
does having my arm hanging out its socket for 4 days before going to hospital make me a hypochondriac or just a fkn nutcase :D

the docs and hospitals love me, my medical record takes up a whole filing cabinet! and ive still got the sling aswell (for next time!)

Noca

Banned
does having my arm hanging out its socket for 4 days before going to hospital make me a hypochondriac or just a fkn nutcase :D

the docs and hospitals love me, my medical record takes up a whole filing cabinet! and ive still got the sling aswell (for next time!)

My medical file fills a filing cabinet the size of the one on "Bruce Almighty" :D

Flo

lol...umm everytime i think i have an STD, i usually do... but i've been paranoid more times than have had an STD.... i've been good for abt 3 years, but i still get scared (had a scare 2 months ago, luckily no STDs!!)

Noca

Banned
lol...umm everytime i think i have an STD, i usually do... but i've been paranoid more times than have had an STD.... i've been good for abt 3 years, but i still get scared (had a scare 2 months ago, luckily no STDs!!)

It was my understanding that STD's are a life sentence and that there is no cure for them, is this correct?

FOR REAL

Banned

ive never had an STD test, youve got me thinking about it though.

Flo

It was my understanding that STD's are a life sentence and that there is no cure for them, is this correct?

nope, not the ones i've had...the clap and the burn...once u take the meds for these, they're gone...
barry, dude, i cheated once, then got cheated on... both times, i got screwed (literally n figuratively).... blessed that it wasnt worse, but... bad enuff

Flo

open i am... i'm not afraid to talk... hopefully ppl will hear the experience and not just judge, ya know?

B

Bar-AKA-Redzer

Well AIDS means, Arse, Injected, Death, Sentence so yeah ::p::D

3times

Some STDs are curable. But other (most) can just have symptoms handled..... Flo that's good u"ve been good for 3 years though. I never had one but just thinking about it scares me.

It would probably be better posting this on another site where they talk about STDs, and give support and advice. I think things like this are triggering for those with mental problems. You alsdo have to understand that peopel here arent experts and can only offer very little advice. Theres sites out there that would help better for this.

Jake123

Banned
I'm lucky I haven't gotten one, I've slept with more guys than I can count (not proud of it)
A few months ago I went to the doctor, had a blood test and everything was great
So I'm still at least somewhat pure =/

agoraphobickatie

noca how could you not know that? mr. medical field! lol.... just kidding, i have no idea what you're studying, i just see you posting about medical shit all the time... anyway, yeah man.. like they all said, some shit you just take meds for and it goes away like you never had it.. i think chlamydia and syphilis are temporary aren't they? idk... all i know is:

"herpes is for life, bro" -pineapple express, haha :)

and flo, you're my girl! thank god for honest people! you're the shit, no judgments here! :) lol

3times

Ah PunkRotten did u not read my post. This isn't about me having an STD. Its about my fear of getting one and my reaction to it. How my mind works when I think of it or hear about it. Many things can trigger yet they r still being posted. So with that said I need no advice or commentary on the matter. I haven't had any nagative feedback so far. This is a site for support and encouragement not ridicule and such. And excuse me if u didn't mean it as I am taking it.

3times

Oh and another thing. I see nothing but encouragement going on. I see ppl being able to talk freely on the matter and openly. I also see ppl helping others so if anything this post was a good thing. I mean. No harm just speaking truthfully.

krfoss

I agree. These should be for support and encouragement.

From your post a while back, if you think you may have an STD, i.e. you are or have engaged in some behavior that could get you an STD, then getting it checked out is the right thing to do. Checking once, that is. However, from what it sounds like you just hear "STD" and you start ruminating about the possibility. That could definitely be an OCD/ hypochondriac mode of thinking. Are you in treatment for that (sorry if I didnt hear if you are or not)? Have you tried doing some exposure therapy for the thoughts?