Do any of you have the same problme with sleeping

truffleshuffle

I get insomnia on occasion but thats not what bothers me. Its the times when I want to sleep Im so tired but its like i find things to do so I don;t. Like writing this right now at 1:30 in the morning or I will surf the net or even try and watch tv or a moive even though I want to be in bed asleep. Its like i destract my self so I don;t go to sleep and I procrastanate for as long as I can which sometimes I can go until 5 or 6 pm in the evening after beeing up all night. I don;t know why I do this and I feel so anxious when it happens. Like I get anxiety about sleep that its so bad I do what ever I can not to. Usualy this happens if I have something I have to do that I don;t want to do the next day but I have nothing until atleast wendsday which should not drive my anxiety crazy until atleast tusday night.

Hoppy

I realize I've reached that point that I check my email for the 5th time in the hour and read another news story or even start to watch youtube video's compulsively when I am tired and would rather go to bed.

Stimulation is addictive, and it is sometimes difficult to get out of the loop.

I occasionally use an alarm clock to tell me when I should go to sleep. if I am not tired I lie in bed reading a book until I get sleepy.

aNOTfox

I used to stay awake before school, mainly cause I hated school and was scared of going in the next day, so I thought if I stayed awake for as long as I could I wouldn't care about being in public anymore cause I'd feel half dead. However, forcing myself to stayy awake everynight caused me to develop insomnia and I had terrible trouble sleeping. Most of the time I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to. You need to train you bio-clock to recognise when to sleep. start going to bed earlier, is it really worth staying awake till 1:30? xD
Also, lack of sleep does nothing for anxiety.

truffleshuffle

I used to stay awake before school, mainly cause I hated school and was scared of going in the next day, so I thought if I stayed awake for as long as I could I wouldn't care about being in public anymore cause I'd feel half dead. However, forcing myself to stayy awake everynight caused me to develop insomnia and I had terrible trouble sleeping. Most of the time I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to. You need to train you bio-clock to recognise when to sleep. start going to bed earlier, is it really worth staying awake till 1:30? xD
Also, lack of sleep does nothing for anxiety.
Its not forcing myself everynight it just usualy happens when Im getting a bit of stress about something. The insomnia on the other hand I have had evern as a young kid and im not sure why but it may have been do to anxiety as well. I can sleep regular for months at a time and be fine with it but if I get one or two nights out of wack for any reason I will be screwed for months. I don;t think its my bio-clock since I can sleep at normal hours for months at a time. I know most of the procratanation about sleeping has to do with the anxiety I have.

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
I have noticed that I have more difficulty to fall asleep on the days when I don´t go out/excercise.

Nanita

I have trouble falling asleep before 2 am. Everytime I try to go to sleep earlier than that, I just lay awake and it´s very annoying and stressful, so the idea of trying to go to sleep early, has become something I´m nervous / anxious about.
My boyfriend encouraged me to not be so hard on myself, like if I´m awake trying to sleep, I shouldn´t be annoyed, but just relax and maybe get up for a while, have something to eat or drink and then go back to bed later.
So now I´m trying to not get too annoyed with myself for not being able to sleep..
But i´s really a problem when I have to get up early for an appointment or something, the next day I feel so tired and look so tired.
I´m thinking about buying some melatonin to help me sleep.

gustavofring

Melatonin makes me feel groggy as hell the next day. Make sure you use under 1.5 mg.

On topic, yes I have the worst trouble sleeping at the right times. I often feel like a zombie at daytime and then liven up at night, I also start thinking more at night. It's like the shroud of brainfog lifts after a certain time. I can't really describe it, but it's like my brain is really clouded in a sort of dronish headache during the day that says "you need a nap". Then at night, this disappears and it's replaced by energy and a happy mood.

What helps for me is trying to be active in the day and really get something done. Wether it's cleaning the house or get some paperwork done, etc. Exercise helps too, but make sure you do something that mentally occupies you as well.

Luka

About a year ago I struggled with sleeping a lot but it settled down a few months ago. Nowadays, I can't sleep at all and I just feel sick to my stomach/anxious whilst trying to sleep because all I think about are my worries. I wish I had sleeping pills or something.

Tavon

I have a problem waking up and going to sleep. I get stuck in bed and can't for the life of me bring myself out of the bed. It's like some internal force in me making me late for anything. Even when I do wake up early to get ready in time somehow some way I end up still 15 minutes late to my morning class. :confused:

I think part of it is a feeling that I just don't want to deal with the world today.

SlowPoet

When I was at my worst I was down to 2 hours sleep a night. I would watch DVD boxsets for hours on end, especially Friends (which is somewhat ironic)

What helped me was to not try to force sleep, that only made me really bad the next day. So I'd stay up and enjoy having a laugh.