• No

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I do not know if I was loved

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I do not know what love is

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
Rarely.

With my mother, I can understand her pain and why she didn't have the time for me. She was abused by my father and did try her best. I am not angry with her, if not a bit disappointed. My father's love was extremely conditional. He would only show affection if I excelled in all things academic far above my peers, if I was the subservient, bowed daughter who agreed with everything he said and never went against his appalling wishes. I never grew a backbone and always gave in. Thank God he walked out on us.

Yukinari

Not really. I don't exactly consider family love the same thing as real love. Family love feels fake to me because your family feels the need to bond with you since they really don't have any other choice. I still care for my family and everything, it just doesn't feel the same to me as finding someone who loves me for who I am rather than a family who feels they need to do so. For most of my life, all I've ever felt is the absence of love.

LycraPantiies92

Nope, none of my 'family' loved me, it was a struggle to get 2 words per day outta ma dad, my mum had no time for me, like, ever, my wee granny was the only one who ever loved me really, least i think tha. Since she's been gone i have to say i do not feel 'loved'
xx

My folks loved me if I was a "good" girl, if I was perfect and met all their expectations.

Same with me. While I think now that that's not how it was, the only time I was really shown love when I was younger was when I achieved something. Preferrably something academic, like doing well in a test. And doing well meant being the best. If you didn't, it was guilt trips galore, and the rest of the time when we weren't arguing I remember everyone in our family being in a bad mood and everything being tense, and everyone taking out their annoyance on everyone else.

Perfidion

For the most part, yes. My mother thinks the world of me. Doesn't understand me at all, but thinks I'm brilliant anyway. My father was rather distant. He was preoccupied with work, hobbies and my siblings, who are both disgustingly normal. None of this stops me from feeling like a Satanist at a Southern Baptist convention though.

suzanne

My dad adored me. He was my everything. I was 12 or 13 when he started having seizures. I was 16 when a part of his brain was taken out from brain cancer. My mom worshiped my brother. I was invisable to her. She says I was a quite girl, that was so well behaved and kept to myself. (yeah right). My brother died a couple years ago (im 42 now) and he still did no wrong in her eyes. I still dont matter to her. I still cant do anything right in her eyes.

not a chance, i was sent to a foster home when i was 10 years old and before that i was in and out of other places for kids and the time i was at home both my parents were alcoholics so they were never there for me mentally or for real, but growin up for seven years from 10 to 17 when i did finally return back to Ireland it was too late i missed the love a child needs off his mother and father and there dead now so, i dont know who i will ever get it off :(

iamthenra

My mom beat me when I was a child... My father knew what was going on but did nothing to stop it, and he was a elementary school teacher. My sister, younger than I, was the chosen one and received all the affection and material gifts from my folks... And she was in jail and the spoiled rotten acting one too... Looks like she bit the hand that fed her!