Depressed because you're single?

Honda

being single is a lifestyle choice for me. Being in a relationship is nothing but an unnecessary exertion of time, effort, money, willpower to not stray, commitment and faith in your partner, etc etc the list is all con's and 2 or 3 pro's which are sex and cuddling. Ooohhh wow, big deal. I'm not against being with a woman as long as she knows we're not together. Like someone who doesn't need anything from me ever, and cooks and cleans.

I dont know why society complicates relationships... I mean its much simpler than this.. Just you meet someone feel attracted to and comfortable with which would eventually leads to intimacy and sex.. How complicated is it?
I mean I need a female partner to get all the stress of everyday life out of my head not to drain my energy even more.. And vice versa..

I hate myself sometimes because i get jealous of other men who get more girls than I do and those who have a larger social circle and connections.. It makes me feel like missing something and im not working hard on it..

Very simple and clear, no disney kind of romance and no crazy relationships that send you to hell..

Last edited:

drganon

It depends.When I'm in a bitter and angry mood, I wish everyone else in the world just disappeared and would have no problem with no one ever talking to me again. Other times however, I really wish I could find someone to be in a relationship with. But I'm already 22 going on 23, and I just don't see me ever getting the courage to go up to a girl, or any girl coming up to ask me.

Joh

Yeah i am ! but i dont want any other Meaningless or temporary relationship... i am depressed just because i need someone to spend my whole life with... i dont like fun,sex,dating etc etc....

coyote

I dont know why society complicates relationships... I mean its much simpler than this.. Just you meet someone feel attracted to and comfortable with which would eventually leads to intimacy and sex.. How complicated is it?...

it doesn't need to be more complicated

but when we expect our partners to be responsible for satisfying our own needs, meaning, or purpose, we run into trouble

it's a choice we make - whether consciously or not

we can just as easily choose not to

if we recognize we're doing it

carecrab

Yeah very depressed, especially because i have had a nice relationship once so i now what i'm missing out on..

there are some girls i like but i don't have the feeling i deserve them because i'm a boring hermit

carecrab

Yep, being in a relationship can definitely help matters, but it can't solve them.

I'm going to try and sort my SA out before getting involved in a relationship. I'd hate to have it feel like a burden on my partner.

Just my opinion, but I would imagine that being in a relationship JUST to try and solve your SA is like trying to tidy a messy room by sweeping the rubbish underneath the bed.

very true. However it really helps if you have someone who cares about you in life.

caringsoul

Banned
I think i cannot get a boyfriend unless i am a happy. but im suffering from depression.. so i wont want a boyfriend just to make him miserable. He wont love me anyways, because why will someone likes someone thats unhappy? ... but sometime its hard to control my feelings i end up falling for a guy... never works out! i dont want him to be with someone that cant make feel happy.. i want to enjoy my single life.. and sort myself out.

upndwn

I've been single for most of my 32 year old life. Sure there's been the occasional fling, but whenever things seems to be getting serious something always gets in the way.

I'm through with casual dating and one night stands. For once I would really like to find someone I could have a serious relationship with, but years of mental health problems isn't the most appealing trait for a woman.

Sure I get depressed from being alone sometimes, but I try to stay positive. Sometimes good things happens and you never know what's around the corner.

doesit

Im 24 and never had a girlfriend,and its sorta cliche because there's many things that i would love to do,like going to cinema,traveling and such,but if i had to tell why i dont have a gf it would be a hard one,as anxiety and shyness affected me all the life and adding my age and inexperience it gets even more difficult and sorta puts me in a place where it would be really challenging to let someone in into my life at this stage,even if someone showed interest :) the only thing which keeps us going,is that you never know when youll gonna find that person,might be another 10 years.

DimBulb

I enjoy my time alone which means - "all the time". But i do get depressed thinking that i am all alone. So its like a strange sensation, enjoying the solitude but occasionally feeling depressed because i know i will ALWAYS be alone.

As a ugly,shy,pessimist,anxious person of 35 years with no self esteem, who has never talked to girls or never attended any parties/clubs, I do not expect anything positive.

alwaysrunning

First and only time ill admit it...maybe just a little bit. Twenty and afraid of relationships who does this girl (me) think she is? Just a bit ,or more than a bit, pathetic =/

Honda

Im not depressed cuz im single... I used to feel like that before but now im fine and i live with it as im busy working on my future and myself rather than chasing them..

Though sometimes in the back of my head i feel like an idiot cuz im neglecting myself and not putting any effort to take the challenge to get a girl; while everybody else is.. I guess most girls out there arent as easy and you will have to live with the reality that it takes effort to get girls..

H

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are a loser just like all these losers in this thread Remus. You and LurkNoMore are ****ing idiots with no life. I am gonna rape LurkNoMore for lying and I am gonna have a nigger rape you just like the day when you were younger. LOL

Remus

Staff member
You are a loser just like all these losers in this thread Remus. You and LurkNoMore are ****ing idiots with no life. I am gonna rape LurkNoMore for lying and I am gonna have a nigger rape you just like the day when you were younger. LOL

Yes Punkrotten (IP. 71.106.xx.xxx), time to name and shame I think. He seems so nice and helpful everyone says. Well this sort of thing is what mods have been pulling him up about for quite a while now. Harrassing young girls too, what a man eh? :rolleyes:

hoddesdon

Yes Punkrotten (IP. 71.106.xx.xxx), time to name and shame I think. He seems so nice and helpful everyone says. Well this sort of thing is what mods have been pulling him up about for quite a while now. Harrassing young girls too, what a man eh? :rolleyes:

He is the loser. Perhaps this should be passed on to the police in California? (threat to rape)

moksha

NO! infact im happy atlast im single it feels really different to be single...
To all those who r single plz find yourself your better half,
i bet your perspective will change in positive or in negative manner.....
To know what fire feels like one has to put his hand in it, he/she can never learn from others experience ,the ones who do learn from others experience called "SMART" people.....

we_r_eternal

im in the same scenario as you- 8 years with a girl and just now staring to be ok with it- it has also been 2years since the break-up for me- and though it's sad when i think about the past, the pain has slowly subsided and hopefully it continues to do so....