Decent cure for me

sevenroses

Recently I've been spending a lot of time outdoors in the sun and I found that getting enough sunlight does wonders in elevating my mood and decreasing anxiety. It's not a miracle, like I would still be anxious if I ever have to speak in front of hundreds of people, but in simple day to day stuff, getting enough sunlight seriously does wonders for me in terms of getting rid of my anxiety. I'm more calmer and appear more bold and sociable and towards my coworkers etc... I think it has something to do with Vitamin D that your body produces while staying out in the sun. I also heard that the sun causes your body to secrete more serotonin and dopamine which is essentially what antidepressants/antianxiety medication do. Sunlight is also natural and free so can';t go wrong with it. Thought I would share this tip to all the sufferers in here since I'm feeling a lot better through sunlight.

coyote

cool, thanks!

I think you might be on to something

I always feel better the more time i spend outdoors

sevenroses

Now I understand why people in Winter months have severe depression and suffer from seasonal affective disorder.

JosephG

I wish I could spend more time in the sun - but it wouldn't feel right unless I was outside with someone. And seeing as being with anyone in a social situation is usually completely awkward for me I guess I won't be seeing much sun any time soon. unless I absolutely have to...

Phoenixx

I definitely see what you mean here. Sunlight helps my anxiety and usually elevates my mood too. Reason why I say usually because sometimes when I do spend time outside it doesn't help my mood much. Still have to admit that my mood is definitely better in the spring and summer than it is in the fall and winter.

MollyBeGood

Recently I've been spending a lot of time outdoors in the sun and I found that getting enough sunlight does wonders in elevating my mood and decreasing anxiety. It's not a miracle, like I would still be anxious if I ever have to speak in front of hundreds of people, but in simple day to day stuff, getting enough sunlight seriously does wonders for me in terms of getting rid of my anxiety. I'm more calmer and appear more bold and sociable and towards my coworkers etc... I think it has something to do with Vitamin D that your body produces while staying out in the sun. I also heard that the sun causes your body to secrete more serotonin and dopamine which is essentially what antidepressants/antianxiety medication do. Sunlight is also natural and free so can';t go wrong with it. Thought I would share this tip to all the sufferers in here since I'm feeling a lot better through sunlight.

I absolutely think sunlight for me is like 100% important to my mental state of feeling happy. I discovered how it effected me positively when I used to go to tanning beds I would feel on top of the world from the sensation of sunlight and warmth..i stopped going b/c it's dangerous to use them but I miss that feeling. I now use a light box in the winter months, it has helped some but nothing like the real thing. I am fair skinned though so I really have to be careful. I used to love to lay-out in the sun, just can't do that anymore :( The sun does act like a prozac pill to me.

Mokkat

Sunlight is generally a positive for the body and mind. I enjoy it a lot in my parent's garten when Im there. A pity I am holed up at my computer all day in my own apartment - especially now when the weather is great and I cant go outside to take a walk without at least a couple of people enjoy it on a lawn, looking at me when I go out my door

sevenroses

I just noticed all this after I went to a tropical place for about 2 weeks and when I came back I felt so Euphoric. I kid you not! lol. I also researched some info behind this and not only does sunlight increase dopamine and serotonin levels but that sunlight also increases endorphin production (feel good hormones). I do have a problem walking with lots of people around, but when I bike, I bike for hours and generally bike in quiet neighbourhoods and what not. I tend to spend at least an hour a day outside and logging my mood. I also changed a bit of my lifestyle now. I now walk to work. But ya, all in all staying outdoors and getting enough sunlight helps decrease anxiety /depression greatly and it's kinda a win win situation cause you also get other benefits like stronger bones and good health.

sevenroses

I should also add that I generally worry less and stress in general is way way lower. So not only does sunlight help people with anxiety/depression but maybe also people with OCD as well.

Patrick26

Walking home from work with my shades on in the summer and feeling great, smiling, and seeing hundreads of other people smile as they walk by me. Yeah, good stuff.