Countdown to Fiona Apples Next Album.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
For those of you who have been living under a rock, a week ago it was announced indirectly that Fiona apple will be coming out with a new album in the spring of 2011!:D An exact day has not been announced yet, so I'm going to be optimistic and assume the first day of spring is the day, March 20. Everyday I will countdown to it. Also, anyone who wants to talk about how amazing she is can if they want to. I'll be posting videos and "fun facts" along the way so those who aren't familiar with her *cough (Sial Axetder) cough* can learn.

The count is at 178

And here's the song that made her famous.

YouTube - Fiona Apple - Criminal

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Will there be enough rocks for all of us?

There do seem to be a lot of you...

Only 177 more days!

Here's her video for Paper Bag. One of the three single from her album:

"When the pawn hits the conflict he thinks like a king/What he knows throws the blows when he goes to the fight/And he'll win the whole thing fore he enters the ring/There's no body to batter when your mind is your might/So when you go solo, you hold your own hand/And remember that depth is the greatest of heights/And if you know where you stand then you know where to land/And if you fall it won't matter, cuz you'll know that you're right."

Yes, it is that long. 90 words, to be exact, putting here in the Guinness book of world records for longest album title. Was a poem she wrote after reading negative comments about herself in a magazine.

YouTube - Fiona Apple - Paper Bag

Love the dance moves. :D

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
174 more days!

Here's a song from her new(er) album, Extraordinary Machine. Long story about the album, I'll tell you guys about it later (who am I kidding no one reads this!).

This song is called Parting Gift. What's really cool about the song is she did it only one take, which is also the music video. She just showed up to the studio, sang the song once with piano, and that's what they used for the album. :) Impressive, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP869swP2po

anxiety1408

174 more days!

Here's a song from her new(er) album, Extraordinary Machine. Long story about the album, I'll tell you guys about it later (who am I kidding no one reads this!).

This song is called Parting Gift. What's really cool about the song is she did it only one take, which is also the music video. She just showed up to the studio, sang the song once with piano, and that's what they used for the album. :) Impressive, no?

YouTube - Fiona Apple - Parting Gift

lol, Bet you can't wait man :D Its funny that I've never heard of her before, But im sure shes awesome :cool:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
lol, Bet you can't wait man :D Its funny that I've never heard of her before, But im sure shes awesome :cool:

I can't wait, but I must. And that's not funny, that's awful! I can only imagine how you've survived to this point...

arsenalwa

Since I heard her cover of Across the Universe, I wanted to try listening to her. So since I use last.fm much I visited her page and saw that Tidal is her most popular album. So I tried to download it more than 6 times, but every single time of them something weird happens and the download stops. This is the first time this happens. I'm sorry, but the universe doesn't want me to listen to Fiona Apple!

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Since I heard her cover of Across the Universe, I wanted to try listening to her. So since I use last.fm much I visited her page and saw that Tidal is her most popular album. So I tried to download it more than 6 times, but every single time of them something weird happens and the download stops. This is the first time this happens. I'm sorry, but the universe doesn't want me to listen to Fiona Apple!

The universe wants everyone to listen to Fiona Apple.

Luke1993

huh it says the vids are blocked in the UK, but I don't think I've ever heard of her, I'm not really a big fan of music anyway :D

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Now I hate to show this next video but I feel it's necessary. Back in the 90's Fiona Apple was really big (not that I would know from experience). Her first album was critically a claimed, her hit single won Grammy, and she one best new artist at the VMA's, and that's when things started to turn a little. She gave a acceptance speech (below) that had a lot of backlash. This is also the reason many Fiona fans hate Chris Rock (Let's here it for Fiona X!)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=103441702#pm_cmp=vid_OEV_P_P

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Only 172 more days!

Here's the video for her song Fast as you can. The video is one of her most interesting, usually highly praised. This song is on more of the edgy side of the Fiona spectrum. Jon Brion produced this song along with all the songs on her first and second albums. More on him later:)

YouTube - Fiona Apple - Fast As You Can

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
A Scant 170 days left until Fiona Apples new Album!

I was just looking on wikipedia and found a really good word to describe her music,tempestuous. Basically means strong, conflicting emotions. Criminal would be a perfect example of that, but I already posted that video so instead here's a non-single, from her second album, Get Gone. I think this is one of her best songs, (They're all good) you can feel the emotion straight from her voice flowing through your veins. She is such an emotionally strong singer, every note is sung at all she can give.

YouTube - Fiona Apple- Get Gone

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Here's the first single from here first album, Shadowboxer. The song really shows how deep her voice is. (And remember she's only 19 in the video!) The title of this album has two meanings; a play on words - title/tidal, and to define how she was feeling at the time, "A tidal wave of emotions." Enjoy.

YouTube - Fiona Apple - Shadowboxer

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Here's video for O' Sailor. The album it's from, Extraordinary Machine was nominated for a grammy like her previous two were (she is always critically acclaimed) and hit number 7 on the charts. There's a long story about the release I'll talk about later

YouTube - Fiona Apple - O' Sailor

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

Her video for her song The First Taste, from Tidal. The video was only released in France, strange I know. This is considered one of her, hmm, "sexier" songs, and the director took that to heart as you can see the video is mostly people kissing each other.

YouTube - Fiona Apple - First Taste