Constantly Lying

JCS008

Does anyone basically constantly lie to everyone around them just because you're embarassed or ashamed of the person you've become? I know that seems to be my issue these days. It's basically the point where I'm living a lie.

Kinetik

I sometimes try to make myself sound busier or vaguely more popular/important than I really am, but I consider that a slight embellishment at best. Seems harmless enough to me.

kuhtreen

YES. I don't lie all the time, but I do know what you mean about feeling ashamed about who you've become. It sucks. And you feel like you have to cover it up somehow.

divethruhaze

yeah i do, even if its not exactly lying. i just try to appear my best to every1, so i exagerate good things and hide bad things. and i imply good things without really saying it out loud

Imhotep

I'm probably going to evade certain topics about my life in conversation very very soon to try to make myself look less like a loser, but I doubt I will lie outright.

Not from any sense of decency, just that I'll probably be found out.

No but just last week when i was disscussing the basic terms of Hyper physics concepts with steven hawking he told me that he invented the black hole! mind you i think he was lying. hahaha :D

JCS008

yeah, sometimes you'll definitely distort things to make your life better than it really is or you'll fake it so well that people think you're happy. what a life.

BlauweEngel

I cannot think of anyone that I know who does not do that. There is a story of a big fish: some guy catches a fish that is kind of big and every time he tells the story of catching the fish, the fish just gets bigger and bigger. I think after all people just want to be respected and liked so they exaggerate the things they like about themselves and downplay they things they don't like about themselves. (I do it too)

Imhotep

No but just last week when i was disscussing the basic terms of Hyper physics concepts with steven hawking he told me that he invented the black hole! mind you i think he was lying. hahaha :D

Yeah, he's so full of sh*t, that guy ::p:.

BlackKids

I used to lie all the time but to get better you have to completely accept yourself. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed. well 9 times outta 10 anyways :)

Imhotep

Funnily enough, I was only having this discusion with my girlfriend Kate Winslet the other day.

I lie too. I don't want to answer some questions so I lie or mostly of the time I do some joke. Never tried to say the truth because the truth is not very good... And look I have an explanation why I lie...

Lea

Banned
Like what for example do you people lie in? Just about your condition?
I almost never lie (as far as I know), only perhaps sometimes know I shouldn´t say certain things so I try to not talk about it or hide it, but I can´t keep that pretence for long and end up saying it. I think I very much just say what I think, although I don´t think saying what we think = we should be rude and tactless. On the opposite what bothers me is, some people don´t want to be confronted with anything, they know they want to hear lie and it became even established social rules (in employments or so) to say lies. If you say truth, it is considered rude. Sometimes seems to me people are too cowards to face the truth.

JCS008

I guess its not lying, but I have never told anyone in person that I have OCD. I guess its more I keep it a secret, but I do lie to make myself seem and sound more happy about my life than I really am. But my wife Charlize Theron told me to man up, so I'm trying to be more honest. I guess I'll do so after we come back from the South pacific vacation.