Constantly Alone

myheartisastone

I'm sure i'm not the only person suffering from existential loneliness.

My social issues force me to isolate myself... and while I do enjoy quiet alone time sometimes, I hate feeling lonely and isolated.

I often times believe i'll always be alone because of these problems.

Slytherin88

I'm 25 and have kind of accepted that I will never find an SO. I hate cats though. Where does that leave me? Haha
I constantly feel in a state of existential crisis (crises? I should know this, I'm an English teacher!) but on a big scale it is out of our hands isn't it? Regardless of whether you believe in a higher power.

Dreamscape

Well you sure are not alone in this. I used to love being alone becuase i coudlnt get along with anyone. Now those times are long over i feel like im stuck in this position for so long. Wish i coudl lead a simple life but being different or wierd than others just want me to isolate myself even more.

Capsaicin

What social issues?

I get drained far too quickly at this point for a real social life, but I'm hoping I can build up my tolerance once class starts again. Every bit of progress is a bit of hope.

rcnm

I can pretty much relate.
Sometimes I just don't want to be around people, I have nothing to talk and I don't really like their conversations, I don't know how to be part of the group... However, I don't like to feel alone either.

Flanscho

When I was in that situation, I tried to pick up a hobby that I can do with others (in this case: board games), and then looked for board game groups in this city, to get to know there new people.

Capsaicin

When I was in that situation, I tried to pick up a hobby that I can do with others (in this case: board games), and then looked for board game groups in this city, to get to know there new people.

That almost sounds too easy to work... How long have you been with this group?

jaim38

As much of an introvert as I am, I sure don't want to be alone like in that movie Cast Away, and definitely not forever, but I also don't want to be surrounded by like 10 people. I want to be around friendly, understanding poeple, not hostile ones.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
That almost sounds too easy to work...

Life is more simple than what people seem to think.

Since I'm bored to death while hanging out with people, I did something similar, but I picked up climbing instead of board games. This way, you're not stuck in a boring and pointless conversation because there is a context and something else to do than talking. Since being in shape is getting popular, there is often people who are looking for a partner to start playing different sports that require one.

Srijita52

Oh yeah, I can totally relate to this. I've been feeling awfully lonely for a while. Yet I don't have the courage to go out and meet people.

I have my wife and only my wife. The only family I speak to is my mom, once or twice a week on the phone and I have no friends. On one hand, it's great to have someone to be with but on the other hand, having this one person is stopping me from getting to know other people. I don't mean other women- I mean people in general. She has no problem talking to people and everyone loves her but she doesn't want friends...! I don't get it. She only has me also, but it's by choice.

I tried to pick up a hobby that I can do with others (in this case: board games)

I feel like I couldn't join a club or group. I wouldn't know how to act or what to say to anyone. I was invited to a D&D gathering by a guy at work once. When I arrived there were about 7 people. I didn't say much and awkwardly left before the game started. It's weird- those 'social-outcast nerdy types' (no offense- I am one) who hang out in comic and game shops seem to not have any social problems when they're around other people with the same interests. For me, it helps to have the same interests, but not enough to make me feel comfortable.

I'm sure i'm not the only person suffering from existential loneliness.

I have a lot to say about existential thoughts but I don't understand what you mean by existential loneliness. Could you elaborate?